Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sometimes its the little things. Removing the VW Commercial Vehicle badge.

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Whikst your all having fun days out in your Calis, i decided to live the dream and create this thread ;). Ok, not the most exciting thread, but sometimes its the little things that make your Cali your own. As I got my cali used from a VW dealer, they happily stuck their badge on my Cali, so just a quick guide to removing it with no glue residue and avoiding scratches. (I only use Autoglym, have done for years but there are loads of different cleaning brands out there).

1.) The VW Birmingham Commercial badge which i wasnt keen on.
20190713_124214.jpg
2.) There some serious stick to these so they never fall off so secret is, heat up the badge with a hairdryer
20190713_124251.jpg

3.) Now that its hot, be super careful and use something sharp to remove it, but be careful to avoid your lovely paint work
20190713_124323.jpg20190713_124351.jpg

4.) There will be warm glue residue left over so give it a clean with a quality car shampoo to remove any grit/ dirt.
20190713_125217.jpg

5.) Once washed, dry with a cloth and then give it a very small amount of T cut, VERY SMALL. This will get rid of the smaller ingrained dirt
20190713_124537.jpg

6.) Now wipe off the dried T cut after approx 10 mins and then use a quality car polish
20190713_124922.jpg
7.) Leave polish for 10 to 20 mins and then wipe off with a dry microfiber cloth and then apply Extra Gloss protection. This protrcts the polish and paintwork and gives that wet look shine to the paintwork.
20190713_125056.jpg

Leave for a min of 30 mins and then wipe away with a soft microfibre cloth. Hey presto, no evidence of the badge ever being there and super glossy and shiny just like its just come out of the showroom. Problem is, the cali will look so shiny around the area you removed the badge from, you might feel you have to do the whole Cali, and if thats the case, prepare your self for a good 8 hours of graft. It took long enough for this small area. o_O Thats enough of that,now off for a last minute camping holiday in Anglesey :thumb
20190713_140051.jpg

20190713_140212.jpg

Last edited:
I hate it when a dealer adds their own badges - over the years I have said to them not to add "extra" adverts the deal never had an issue and on one occasion said I would only proceed with a deal if they removed their own badge.

I hate it when a dealer adds their own badges - over the years I have said to them not to add "extra" adverts the deal never had an issue and on one occasion said I would only proceed with a deal if they removed their own badge.

We have done that previously we have also asked for advertising fees funny thing is when we got to asking for bike racks they took the stickers off :D I wonder if it was something I said.

Do post your trip to Anglesey- we are off there 4 nights in August :thumb

Jeeeeeeees your braver than I would have been with the knife, one slip ! Fishing line (or something similar) slid behind the badge either side and worked in a sawing fashion would have removed the badge backing, without the need for the knife risk.

Jeeeeeeees your braver than I would have been with the knife, one slip ! Fishing line (or something similar) slid behind the badge either side and worked in a sawing fashion would have removed the badge backing, without the need for the knife risk.
Steady hands my friend. I have had that penknife for 2 years, never use the thing so thought arrrgghhh, i know what i can use to get this stupid sticker off. Of course, there's less crazy and wild ways, but sometimes living on the edge makes it more fun, ;-D

Do post your trip to Anglesey- we are off there 4 nights in August :thumb
You wont go wrong going to Anglesey, so so many beautiful beaches, little villages and hidden gems too ;-)

And then people ask if it's a real Cali or a fake! Some previous owner took the letters off mine, I've got a replacement but must get around to having them put on!
But I know it’s real ..

Back