Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Songs with the word 'California' in them?

Leaving of Liverpool - great drinking song!
“I am bound for California, a place I know right well”

Well, to your reply: Willy Nelson's "I don't have a reason to go to California anymore". ;)
Seems that Wikilist is not so absolute after all
"...I met her by the Ocean laying in the California sun..."

Still, give me his ultimate cruiser "On the road again":
"...Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again...."

Last edited:
Calibear already stole my answer ;-) So I totally agree with 'California Love' by Tupac. I hear it in my brain everytime I step into the van. 'California Loooooove tututututututu'. :)

I am absolutely loving these posts people, especially the videos so I can hear them. Proper road trip songs, THANKS SOOO much, keep them coming!!!!! :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :bananadance2:bananadance2:bananadance2:bananadance2:pinkbanana:pinkbanana

Well, to your reply: Willy Nelson's "I don't have a reason to go to California anymore". ;)
Seems that Wikilist is not so absolute after all
"...I met her by the Ocean laying in the California sun..."

Still, give me his ultimate cruiser "On the road again":
"...Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again...."
BRILLIANT, absolutely brilliant! Thank u. So playing all these in the Cali!!

Hello, so yes, a bit of a geek thread but looking for songs with the world California in them to create a 'California' playlist.

Not bothered about California being in the title as that would be restrictive, just the word California mentioned anywhere in the song. Classic, rap, Indie, dance, country, whatever, the more varied the better!

Un-leash your music wisdom Cali Gurus!
Jimmie Rodgers I'm Going Home

California California so good they named it twice !

California feeling
Probably one of the worst beach boys songs ever great vid ! (Not)

All good songs!!! But would really love songs with just the word California mentioned in them so not necessarily about California or California in the title. I've heard alot of good songs lately with California mentioned, but of course, cannot ever find them on Google etc. as California is not actually in the title. Long time thread this will be, but if you hear the word California in a song on the radio, please note it, get the title and artist and throw it on here please. Like I said, a bit of a #geek thread, Don't judge me hahahah :embarrased
Just found this thread....California by Rufus Wainwright should be on your list!

California tumbles into the sea
That'll be the day I go
Back to Annandale

Steely Dan - My Old School
....songs with a slick exterior and a turbulent lyric....

Some others which are not in the Wiki list yet (#3)! :

or

Still a lot of California stuff there in the rapping scene, you know, the fat boys ft. wet dreams glam... (Colonel Loud,...)
More sugar-sweet? :

"...Every day you dream of California,...Then California becomes your new home..." (Covid19 clip :Nailbiting)
Not my preferred one, but it might be exotic for some amongst us here. Looking forward to hearing the Cali's appear in Estonian, Slovenian, Portuguese,...!

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Blunt:thumb

Back