Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel nicked grrrrr

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
No idea where on when but I noticed whilst dropping the van off to the body shop to have a scrape taken care of that some one hit and run.. icing on the cake ha!

I had even gone to the expense of fitting a VW locking nut.. for all the good that did as they took that with them too.. kindly had the time to put the carrier back on with the other bolt

Low life bastards :headbang :headbang :headbang

Anyone know what size the spare is on a 140PS beach.. anyone got a spare they want to sell

Feel gutted, can't recall ever having anything nicked off me before.. is it worth reporting to police?

Next wheel is going to be chained on

Yes report to Police the more that get reported the more likely that they will keep more of an eye open when people are hanging around are vehicles

So does anyone know the size of the wheel and tyre I would need to replace it with?

I would suggest it is the same as the ones on your van but on a steel rim On an SE with 17wheels the tyre size which I have in the crable at the rear is 235 55 17 if that is any help

PS right low lifes is my polite comment on the people that took your wheel these people are right &%+%ers

I have taken the new spare off and put a just legal tyre on the steel rim as a get you home wheel

My beach had 16" alloys when I bought it. Pretty sure it had a 16" spare but happy to be wrong.
I just bought a set of four 16" steel wheels with legal tyres from a T5 so I've got four extra lives lol

My current front tyres are half worn.

When they wear down a bit more I will move the new tyre from from the steel spare wheel to one of the front wheels, and then purchase a matching new tyre for the other front. And then I will ask the tyre man to put the best of the worn tyres to the steel spare - then if it does get stolen I have only lost a wheel and not a good tyre. I might even ask to keep the other worn tyre just in case...

T

I've got loads of 16" steels and tyres from new to delivery mileage to 2mm. Call me tomorrow and I'll sort you one out.

Pollychops said:
Sparesafe UK, you can buy them on here.

Yep this about the best bit of kit you can get to stop +&$%ers pinching your spare, I got one, so pleased I did ;-)

cozmo1589 said:
Pollychops said:
Sparesafe UK, you can buy them on here.

Yep this about the best bit of kit you can get to stop +&$%ers pinching your spare, I got one, so pleased I did ;-)

Struggling to find Sparesafe UK online. Anyone got a website address please?

I bought a wheel locking nut when I picked the van up.
Found it was too short . Bought another from a different dealer the right length .
Exactly the same locking pattern!
What are the odds on that?
Probably quite short if VW only use a few variations. Clearly a waste
of time as the OP found out

Just had ours swiped too.
I read on this forum that it happens, but after all the expense of seat covers, roof topper, mattress topper, windscreen cover etc etc I decided the wheel nut could wait. :headbang

Oh well, new wheel and bolt to buy now.

I think it happened in Manchester City Centre car park.

I thought this was an isolated problem, we have also had ours stolen last month from Ikea car park we also had the locking bolt on ours, I am still awaiting a replacement. Surely the locking bolt VW sell is not fit for purpose?

I would sugest replacing with used worn tyre & putting a bike lock on the front with locking bolt & sparesafe as well.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

How much is the Sparesafe lock and how do I get the VIP member discount?

Thank you for the info, Have just ordered the Sparesafe from the nice man called Dave = £45

I also have a steel bicycle lock on my spare as well as a sparesafe.

Sparesafe fitted, nice piece of kit, it comes with VW locking wheel bolt for alloy wheel. Thief would have real trouble removing it.

Is it essential that the locking wheel bolt for the alloy wheel is needed for the sparesafe to fit ?

I have a steel wheel with part worn tyre will I need the longer alloy wheel bolt?

Back