Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stolen spare wheel

Tapnstrum

Tapnstrum

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Advice needed. My spare has just been nicked. Vehicle information inside driver door suggest tyre 235/55 R 17 103H is compatible. These are what seem to be on the vehicle. I have just found this on ebay:

There are also lots of second hand ones out there but I can’t quite bring myself to buy one from a seller who most likely has nicked it from a similar vehicle. I may even get my own one back :)

Will it fit where the spare should have been. Also any advice on locking bolts or future deterrents gratefully received.
Thanks

Should have said - my vehicle is a 2019 reg California ocean

Hi TNS

sorry to hear about your stolen spare wheel.

there was a spate of spare wheel thefts some time ago, fortunately the incidence seems to have reduced in recent years (possibly due to lock down)
the incidence reduced so much so that some members disbelieved the need for a deterrent / preventative device.

one of the Fav places for wheels to be parted with their van was at Legoland Windsor. (Search the forum for threads)
where was your stolen ? In the street or at a venue ?

as Loz mentions above a spare safe kit should stop future issues and provide a visual deterrent.

as far as the wheel replacement a17” wheel will fit with your existing tyre size.
A good place to pick up a replacement is at local independent tyre shops Or a scrap yard.

Thank you. I’ll try a local independent tyre shop. Yes - Ill look into getting a spare safe device. The vehicle was parked on a residential street in London

It’s a bit late now but always a good idea to fit a locking bolt on the spare. Maybe next time..