Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel on a 6.1 with Sport Pack - Need some help

There are 2 captive bolt sizes. When I retro fitted my 18 inch spare wheel I bought the carrier, pivot and the two bolts from the local VW dealer. After buying the rim on eBay and fitting a new tyet I could not do up the captive bolt as it was too short. I checked the web and got the part number 701801651A which worked. However, it was a pain to saw off the short captive bolt without any ramps. The short bolt is part 701801651B.

There are 2 captive bolt sizes. When I retro fitted my 18 inch spare wheel I bought the carrier, pivot and the two bolts from the local VW dealer. After buying the rim on eBay and fitting a new tyet I could not do up the captive bolt as it was too short. I checked the web and got the part number 701801651A which worked. However, it was a pain to saw off the short captive bolt without any ramps. The short bolt is part 701801651B.
Thank you exactly the issue I had now have two 90.5mm security bolts instead to be fitted this weekend but too have to get the incorrect captive bolt out. Careful angle grinding is my method

Would it be easier to have a 215 tyre as a spare ? Then obviously fix your punctured 235 tyre and swap them back. Would get you out the sh1t and be perfectly safe

Would it be easier to have a 215 tyre as a spare ? Then obviously fix your punctured 235 tyre and swap them back. Would get you out the sh1t and be perfectly safe
Possibly but I already have tyre and wheel based on everyone’s advise here but with the correct 90mm bolts it’s all fine now so all good

Big thanks everyone love this forum and being a. Cali owner

Summary is if you have a Cali T6.1 possibly all variations and want to fit a 235 width 17” wheel underneath you need 90mm bolts ideally one security bolt and one captive bolt, the later seems no where to be found so at your own risk use two security bolts instead. Not forgetting the stupidly expensive (for what they are) spacers
Thanks for sharing your insights!

Thank you exactly the issue I had now have two 90.5mm security bolts instead to be fitted this weekend but too have to get the incorrect captive bolt out. https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/single-model-thenrin-swashbuckler/ Careful angle grinding is my method https://piktid.com/productid-ai-background-generator/
Indeed. Using careful angle grinding can indeed be an effective method, but be sure to take all necessary safety precautions when working with power tools.

Back