Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Speeding Ticket

Adamvanman

Adamvanman

VIP Member
Driving down the A3 to Portsmouth last week I got flashed by a Gatso camera, I think I was doing 60 in a 50 zone ( I know I am a bad person !!)

Anyway, this was on the 28th July and I still have not had a speeding ticket in the post, how long do these take on average to arrive? When can I sleep peacefully again?

I believe NIP Notice of Intended prosecution must be served on registered keeper within 28 days

Not uncommon for cameras to have run out of film so fingers crossed.

I got nailed last month in Bristol in one of the new 20 MPH.

Mike

Driving down the A3 to Portsmouth last week I got flashed by a Gatso camera, I think I was doing 60 in a 50 zone ( I know I am a bad person !!)

Anyway, this was on the 28th July and I still have not had a speeding ticket in the post, how long do these take on average to arrive? When can I sleep peacefully again?

I got a ticket for not loading for six minutes in a twenty minute red route loading bay.
Date of alleged offence: 29 July.
Date of ticket: 3 August

I am appealing the ticket on five grounds:
1. No restriction sign was visible. See here: https://goo.gl/maps/Dj1VFGgg4k22
2. I was loading for less than 20 minutes.
3. My car was unattended by the driver for only about 5 minutes.
4. My car was unlocked, occupied by three passengers and the key was in the ignition for the entire loading period.
5. Under the circumstances of having two toddlers in the car, I could not reasonably have parked in a parking bay and carried the goods to my car.

I think the odds of having the ticket cancelled are better than 50:50.

In my view it is always worth appealing these tickets. I have only ever had two in the whole of my driving career (good boy) and appealed both and had them cancelled.

Parking tickets maybe but OP is talking about a possible speeding ticket which is an entirely different issue.

Mike

I believe NIP Notice of Intended prosecution must be served on registered keeper within 28 days

Mike

The Notice of Indented Prosecution must arrive with the registered keeper within 14-days of the alleged offence. If it doesn't, then the speeding offence cannot be proceeded with, however, the Section 72 notice requiring the registered keeper to identify the driver must still be completed and returned within 28-days of receipt. Two different bits of legislation.
So, if flashed on 28th July, 14-days have passed, so no prosecution is possible (assuming you are the registered keeper).
There are a number of dummy cameras about where they flash, but do not have film or digital-recording equipment fitted, so it may be one of those.

20-mph zones - the orders and council processes should always be checked, the rules around where a 20-mph zone can be created used to be quite tight (not up-to-date on this myself). Signage and repeater signs are also important and must be correct.

Yes, I live near 20mph zones and they def getting more support. Though would also say that I know a fair few people who do genuinely support controlling speed but accidentally exceed the limit and have been caught. I do think this is different from those folk who moan on about even the concept of enforcing speed limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry no sympathy for speeding especially in 20 mph zone, where children are playing. Or for parking illegally .
Now wait for the abuse?
Once the OP has completed his speed awareness course he'll turn gamekeeper.

Sorry no sympathy for speeding especially in 20 mph zone, where children are playing. Or for parking illegally .
Now wait for the abuse?
I agree but not when it's on a slip road where no one even lives never mind walks. It was a money making making exercise and exactly what can give them a bad name. But no abuse just the facts and no one was asking for sympathy just trying to answer the OP's question. I support them by the way.

Mike

Mike

For doing more than 30mph ?
I had been told that no prosecutions for between 20 and 30 but nabbed if over 30 whether 20 or 30mph zone.
IMO there is good reason for some 20 zones but have also seen them in some ridiculous places where safety does not require a 10 mph cut.

I got caught in my Cali on the A441 last Monday and it was on the door mat on Thursday (4days). 35 in a 30....

I got stopped for doing 20 mph two weeks ago.

Fancy roadworks sent me the wrong way.

No one told me that I was driving through Worthing's pedestrianised area until it was too late :shocked

IMO there is good reason for some 20 zones but have also seen them in some ridiculous places where safety does not require a 10 mph cut.

Several London Borough roads have now gone completely 20mph: Islington (Jan 2013), Camden (December 2013), City of London (July 2014), Southwark (March 2015), Lambeth (July 2016), Hackney (July 2015), Tower Hamlets (April 2015) and Lewisham to follow in September this year. This does not effect the speed limits on red routes which are managed by Transport for London.

It is not always about safety. It is often about changing the way we view streets, not only as thoroughfares, but also as a community resource. Reducing speed limits is a small first step in that change.

If you would not be happy allowing your son or daughter travel to school a mile away independently by bike, scooter or on foot using local streets, because of the way some people use those streets, then those streets are not fit for purpose.

Several London Borough roads have now gone completely 20mph: Islington (Jan 2013), Camden (December 2013), City of London (July 2014), Southwark (March 2015), Lambeth (July 2016), Hackney (July 2015), Tower Hamlets (April 2015) and Lewisham to follow in September this year. This does not effect the speed limits on red routes which are managed by Transport for London.

It is not always about safety. It is often about changing the way we view streets, not only as thoroughfares, but also as a community resource. Reducing speed limits is a small first step in that change.

If you would not be happy allowing your son or daughter travel to school a mile away independently by bike, scooter or on foot using local streets, because of the way some people use those streets, then those streets are not fit for purpose.

Agreed.
It depends where 20mph limits are actually set. It's always about compromise and managing risk but there will likely remain many routes that could be used by pedestrians, including children, set at the national speed limit.
Sure if we are talking urban / near schools and such like 20 is sensible. On a Sunday ? In the middle of the night?
Unfortunately there are areas set at 20 mph that do not appear to benefit from such a change at all. There was a recent debate on R4 with an IAM spokesperson making the point that the new 20 zones are being applied indiscriminately.
Driver education, the consequence of action are good ways forward but a poorly enforced speed limit is only part of the story.
Has anybody actually been prosecuted for less than 30 in a 20?

Pity the younger generations are not taught to respect traffic. Bring back the Green Cross Code. Keep bicycles OFF pavements and out of Pedestrian Zones.
Drivers are not perfect by any means, but neither are Pedestrians or Cyclists and it starts when they are young.

The safest street I know is Exhibition Road in Kensington. Everyone respects each other.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-free-street-unveiled-make-things-SAFER.html

Pity the younger generations are not taught to respect traffic. Bring back the Green Cross Code. Keep bicycles OFF pavements and out of Pedestrian Zones.
Drivers are not perfect by any means, but neither are Pedestrians or Cyclists and it starts when they are young.

The safest street I know is Exhibition Road in Kensington. Everyone respects each other.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-free-street-unveiled-make-things-SAFER.html

Cool.
Can we do the M6 next?

Cool.
Can we do the M6 next?
Well they do something similar in France.

Main road - 70km speed limit - Pavement - 8 foot wide gravel - 4 railway tracks carrying local and long distance trains. No fences.
This wasn't in the countryside but the suburbs of Paris.

Everyone should be responsible for their own actions. The trouble is it is mainly drivers that are persecuted/prosecuted for their actions and heavily controlled and policed, NOT the cyclists or pedestrians.

Their is talk in the French Parliament of reducing speed limits to 80kph on all roads (not auto routes), and reducing speeds to 40kph in urban areas

We just need all users whether vehicle, bicycle or pedestrian to show respect for the rules and good manners. I have no issue with 20 mph limits where they are justified but have concerns some councils will go wild and cause more harm than good. Seems to be motorists are always the bad guys as I have never seen a cyclist or pedestrian booked.

We just need all users whether vehicle, bicycle or pedestrian to show respect for the rules and good manners. I have no issue with 20 mph limits where they are justified but have concerns some councils will go wild and cause more harm than good. Seems to be motorists are always the bad guys as I have never seen a cyclist or pedestrian booked.

Vehicles need to take the most care and to be constrained most, as their vehicle/instrument can cause mayhem compared to push bikes or pedestrians.

Back