Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Speedo Light Issue

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Folks, we've just returned from a successful first trip around the west coast on Scotland in our beloved new beach. Which apart from the "midge"
and the rain it was really enjoyable.
Now we've returned our beach is now back with VW to have the following issues Looked at.
1)Its brakes are still squeaking after 3500 miles, mostly when the van is just about to stop.
2)Front passenger side headlight is fogging.
3)These an rattle/vibration from the dash at around 1800rpm.
4)But the most annoying is when driving at night there's some red light escaping from the speedo needle centre point at 40-50mph which is catching my eye continually and driving me crazy.
(My wife has advised me that I shouldn't be doing 40-50mph in a 30 zone anyway !!!!!!)

I know in the grand scale of things these are small issues and I'm hopeful they'll be rectified quickly.

But, Is anyone else out there finding issues or am I being pernickety !!!!!

It's a new car, there shouldn't be that many "faults" If I get many small niggles like this I'd be really disappointed and annoyed. Unknown squeaks drive me crazy, It is supposed to be a quality German product that's why it's at such a premium ! I think there are a whole lot of tolerant people on this forum. :)

Completely hear you on number (4) - the dashboard light issue.

I had a new T6 Beach for a fortnight and it did exactly this, I thought it pretty annoying since at night it catches your eye like a warning light. I thought it pretty lame that VW couldn't contain the LED within the speedo needle properly! It bothered me as well at the time.

I just hired a T6 Ocean and guess what? It's the same.

So the good news is that it may not be an issue just with your vehicle; the bad news is you might have to live with it. My plan was to put a small piece of black electrical tap (or similar) on the dashboard where the light would be visible at 40-50mph, but that could be annoying too ;)

VW have given us a T6 panel van while they investigate and guess what !!!!!!

The brakes squeak,
The dash vibrates/rattles at 1800rpm,
And the speedo needle LED catches my eye at 40-50mph.....

So I'm starting to wonder if anything will get done at VW.........:(

My brakes make very slight squeaky noise when driving forward slowly and very loud groaning when reversing " they all do that sir"
The T5.1 Kombi I had before the Cali didn't.
My sons T5.1 panel van doesn't.
The loan Cali we had while I had my roof repaired didn't.

The Cali has been back 3 times to fix it I've now given up.

Vw workshops or certainly our nearest are sh@t.
Don't hope for miracles.

Oh!

It may not be what you want to hear, but I did find the T6 Beach 150 to feel less refined than the T6 Ocean 204 ... the 150 unit was plenty quick enough but seemed to produce more vibration at low revs / cruising speeds. There was a noticeable difference is braking between the two vehicles as well. I suspect the issues you're reporting are common to a number of vehicles but good luck with the dealer in any case.

VW called today with an update on my van.

They have fixed all the issues except the annoying led on the speedo.

They've checked other vans and they're all the same, so ordering a new unit would still have the same issue, so they are suggesting it's NOT a fault !!!!
And if it does bother me, cover it up with a small piece of black tape.

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so they are suggesting it's NOT a fault !!!!
And if it does bother me, cover it up with a small piece of black tape.

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is a camper once dark you should not be driving you should have the bed up :thumb

can you dim it down a bit on the on the T6 with the dimmer switch?

my did this rear pads need replacing

Vw have had it back 3 times for this noise I can't be @rsed with the time and effort it takes to book it in, look at all the texts and emails they send you reminding you its booked in, an hour each way to take it in etc etc then talk to the follow up " how was your recent experience " phone call tell them it was awful and a complete waste of time, so I will continue to slag them off on the forum it makes me feel better. By the way I live close to Leicester.
Ahhhh that feels better.

Back