Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sportline alloys - calliper clearance

zerofour

zerofour

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a set of Sportline alloys (see pic) on order - 18” x 8 wide, offset 53. The company I’m purchasing them from called me to advise that if I’m planning to fit them to a T6 Transporter 4Motion I’d need to use 5mm spacers to clear the larger than standard brake callipers.

My question is, does a T6 Ocean 150 have the same size brakes and therefore need spacers too? They didn’t seem to think so, but as the Ocean is a heavy vehicle I’m not so sure.

06EE2989-5913-43F1-AFD8-F28055042CB3.jpeg

I bought 2 sets of these wheels for previous Transporters back in 2007/8 . They stopped making them around 2010/11 when the new GP style Sportline wheels came out.

Are they selling them as Genuine wheels or copies?? Copies I would not buy.

They should fit tho unless your Ocean was specced with larger 17 inch brakes.

If you have the big brakes which I think 4 motions do (could be wrong) you will need spacers, the callipers foul the back of the spokes.

As Kevthegas says, I don't think you can get genuine ones new anymore so copies or pre owned.

Thanks for your replies. I emailed the company the following question:
Are they genuine VW OEM Sportline wheels?

And got the following reply:
Yes they are sourced direct from the manufacturer who supply them to VW.

We don’t have 4Motion so we should be ok. We currently have 17” Cascavel so I don’t think we have 17” brakes either.

Thanks for your replies. I emailed the company the following question:
Are they genuine VW OEM Sportline wheels?

And got the following reply:
Yes they are sourced direct from the manufacturer who supply them to VW.

We don’t have 4Motion so we should be ok. We currently have 17” Cascavel so I don’t think we have 17” brakes either.

You could have, look at the front callipers as per the photo. They are the larger callipers.

I'm sure our calipers look different, they definitely don't have the 'R' emblem on.

Sorry, forget the R sticker that's not standard, :) its the size of them that matters, note the grey square plate in the centre of them. These are the larger callipers.

Sorry, forget the R sticker that's not standard, :) its the size of them that matters, note the grey square plate in the centre of them. These are the larger callipers.
I do have the grey square plate on our brakes.

Thanks for the advice. Will I need to get new bolts that are 5mm longer too?

Thanks for the advice. Will I need to get new bolts that are 5mm longer too?

I would not think so, but because it could impact on safety I don't feel qualified to give advise on the question.

Go on the T6 Forum and search or ask the question, there may be someone more qualified than me on here soon who will tell you.

Back