Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spot the Difference - T6 Silver Reflex

I've got (dealer assures me) the larger anti roll bar setup fitted. Being a nerd ;) I checked the actual height to the top of the awning housing at the garage yesterday - max 2020mm at the rear, slightly less at the front. It's an Ocean with 235/55 17 tyres. Fell short of having them put it on the ramp and prove they were the bigger ones - maybe one for the handover, along with the rolling road to prove it's the right engine:D. What 30 years of suppliers and contractors does to you...

QUOTE="Tommy Gun, post: 152548, member: 10663"]Hi Mandy,

It sits about 20mm higher. Both Alison & I noticed it.
Someone wrote about an increased ride height/ground clearance that comes as part of the Heavy Duty Anti-Roll bars option. I seem to recall the person saying this from their non-UK brochure, due to different springs perhaps.

Cheers
Tom[/QUOTE]

Hi Tom
Good job I didn't know before our collection of our new Cali.
I would have taken a tape measure along to check the height. Already had a charging cable with us :)
The handover took over 4 hrs .
Best wishes
Mandy

Left one has silver awning rails while the right one has black.

Alan

20mm higher? We learn something every day! What's that going to do to getting into car parks etc. with height restrictions?

On different note, I was a little uneasy about something in my new Cali. I couldn't put my finger on it then I noticed that there are only two rails on the floor. I expected three. I thought it was the 4WD that came with two. Someone please confirm how many rails I should have on a 204 DSG Ocean.

4 Motion has only two rails because of the total weight allowence!

QUOTE="Tommy Gun, post: 152548, member: 10663"]Hi Mandy,

It sits about 20mm higher. Both Alison & I noticed it.
Someone wrote about an increased ride height/ground clearance that comes as part of the Heavy Duty Anti-Roll bars option. I seem to recall the person saying this from their non-UK brochure, due to different springs perhaps.

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom
I would have taken a tape measure along to check the height. Already had a charging cable with us :)
Best wishes
Mandy[/QUOTE]

Hi & well done Mandy.
Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are!

It was the gap between the top of the tyre to the arch - the difference was quite obvious to the eye! Might not be so easy to see in the photos though.

Hi Tom
Best wishes
Mandy

Hi & well done Mandy.
Hope you are enjoying it as much as we are!

It was the gap between the top of the tyre to the arch - the difference was quite obvious to the eye! Might not be so easy to see in the photos though.[/QUOTE]

Great to have the extra clearance. Our Cali is parked on our drive which is sloped.
We are very excited , off for our first camping trip to a small site " Karragen" near Hope Cove Devon. Not far from us.
Simon took the Cali to work yesterday & sat with a espresso maker bubbling away at lunchtime. Definitely have the Cali smile :):)
Planning 2 week trip up to the West coast of Scotland in September.

I have exactly the same problem. I have to line-up our VW Sharan just right, or the underside scuffs the point where the top of the drive meets the pavement. Ouch!

Have a great time in the West of Scotland. West is best :thumb

Last edited:
In the german configurator you have to choose the preperation for the single seat in the second row seperatly. Cost EUR 76,16. The third rail is not standard I think.

In the german configurator you have to choose the preperation for the single seat in the second row seperatly. Cost EUR 76,16. The third rail is not standard I think.

Maybe different in UK.
Not sure correct we don't have a single seat, don't choose option. We have 3 rails, so standard in our Ocean 150 DSG. Carefully looked before ordering our brandrup cab carpets with 3 rails.

we don't have a single seat, don't choose option. We have 3 rails, so standard in our Ocean 150 DSG.
interesting @calimera, I have 204 DSG Ocean (not 4motion) and only 2 rails... wonder why the difference in spec between 150 and 204 spec'?

Is there a definitive way of knowing whether we will get 2 or 3 rails on our new order? 204 4M DSG
As I was going to pre-order the carpets but reading this has put a question mark in my mind...

Is there a definitive way of knowing whether we will get 2 or 3 rails on our new order? 204 4M DSG
As I was going to pre-order the carpets but reading this has put a question mark in my mind...
Can't help with the definitive part Loz, but I do have the same spec as your order.
2 rails on my 204 4M DSG

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz
I thought we'd worked out that 4 motion = 2 rails? And always has.
(weight limit? Or need to bolt stuff underneath?)

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz
Those of you that have a 204 DSG ocean without 4Motion please state how many rails you have. Perhaps we can solve the mystery :confused:

My understanding is 4motion = always 2 rails due to the prop going down the middle, no way of getting the rail in there too?

Non 4motion = 2 rails, option to add a third

Do you know what option adds the 3rd rail without selecting the extra single seat?

My understanding is 4motion = always 2 rails due to the prop going down the middle, no way of getting the rail in there too?

Non 4motion = 2 rails, option to add a third

We didn't pick any option, we have 3 rails.
It's a mystery.

2008 4motion Cali has 3 rails. GVM of 2016 4motion Cali has lifted from 3000kg to 3080kg, so theoretically 3 rd rear seat would not over load this.