Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Starlight blue metallic

CaliforniaSeb

CaliforniaSeb

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi ,

Has anyone got a starlight blue metallic van? We are trading in our two year van with Breeze. Ascot grey or the blue . Cannot decide .

That should fix your squeaky steering wheel!

I have starlight blue metallic and I love it but I think if I could order a new one I would have ascot grey - I keep seeing one around and preferring the colour to mine. Colour is always very much a matter of personal preference tho..

Are you getting a good deal like some others on their trade ins? Seems to be some people can do this at effectively zero cost..

I’m Starlight Blue!!
I still unsure I made the right choice on the colour. But I think all the paint choices aren’t great at the moment. What happened to Reflex Blue.
What alloys do both vans have?
I only say that because if Breeze said Marc do you want to swap your van for Ascot Gray with the Sports Pack id struggle to say no.

We love our starlight blue and wouldn’t swap it for any other colour. Especially good with Palmerston’s. It a colour that looks different in every light so a lot more complex than ascot grey, which we think is a bit flat looking.

1711177123627.jpeg

We collected our new Starlight Blue Cali at the start of the month. We love the colour. In some light it almost looks like metallic black, but other times a really dark metallic blue.

The only down side is keeping it clean. Every drop of dried on soapy water left on the paintwork shows up really bad unless it is thoroughly rinsed off. And it shows up any other dirt much worse than a lighter coloured vehicle.P1030242.JPG

We collected our new Starlight Blue Cali at the start of the month. We love the colour. In some light it almost looks like metallic black, but other times a really dark metallic blue.

The only down side is keeping it clean. Every drop of dried on soapy water left on the paintwork shows up really bad unless it is thoroughly rinsed off. And it shows up any other dirt much worse than a lighter coloured vehicle.View attachment 120720
That looks particularly tempting! Maybe with the chrome pack.
I’m Starlight Blue!!
I still unsure I made the right choice on the colour. But I think all the paint choices aren’t great at the moment. What happened to Reflex Blue.
What alloys do both vans have?
I only say that because if Breeze said Marc do you want to swap your van for Ascot Gray with the Sports Pack id struggle to say no.
Looks nice. Hmm, we are thinking Ascot Grey but with the sports pack (which we do not have at the moment) or the Starlight Blue with maybe the chrome pack.

Hi ,

Has anyone got a starlight blue metallic van? We are trading in our two year van with Breeze. Ascot grey or the blue . Cannot decide .
Ascot grey with sports pack seems to be the colour on the street at the moment guess it depends if you are a follower of the heard, the blue with chrome packs would be my choice of the 2. Saw a fortana red half black with chrome pack recently in Fuerteventura was lovely shame some better colours aren’t available.

We took delivery of our Starlight Blue Ocean in Jan. Our perspective was that we didn’t want a colour that would draw too much attention as, when we ordered, we thought we may have to park the van on the road near the house. Thankfully we’ve found a secure and close location to keep it which work perfectly, though I’m still pleased that the van is relatively unobtrusive. Would loved a 2 tone colourway under different circumstances but they do attract attention - which may not always be welcomed.

We took delivery of our Starlight Blue Ocean in Jan. Our perspective was that we didn’t want a colour that would draw too much attention as, when we ordered, we thought we may have to park the van on the road near the house. Thankfully we’ve found a secure and close location to keep it which work perfectly, though I’m still pleased that the van is relatively unobtrusive. Would loved a 2 tone colourway under different circumstances but they do attract attention - which may not always be welcomed.
Yes completely agree about two tone. We chose starlight blue for the same reasons. Ever since someone described two tone as looking like an ice cream van I can’t see it any other way now!

Ours is starlight with the chrome pack. Better shot below…

1711187223786.jpeg

Last edited:

The only down side is keeping it clean. Every drop of dried on soapy water left on the paintwork shows up really bad unless it is thoroughly rinsed off. And it shows up any other dirt much worse than a lighter coloured vehicle.View attachment 120720
IMG_4925.jpeg

Spent a good deal of last summer deciding between Ascot Gey and Starlight Blue- 2 great paint choices, in the end we went for Ascot Grey for a couple of reasons.

My last 4 cars had been metallic blue so wanted a change and metallic blue has always required dedication to keep water spot free.

Been delighted with our choice and it’s worked well with the sport pack, it does seem that Ascot Grey and Sport Pack has become an increasingly popular choice in this last 12 months.

Have great fun deciding.

7017AB9A-2448-4643-9C94-D17EDEA2345A.jpeg

We are in exactly the same position as you but opposite.. got a 2022 starlight blue and just put in an order for 2024 Ascot Grey as the more we see , the more we like.. will reflect the heat more than starlight blue which Adlai shows the dirt very quickly .. our other rationale was we opted for mechanical diff lock which was roughly same price as Met paint so no extra cost .. TBH whatever colour a Cali is .. it’s lovely !perhaps we should just swap vans! ?

Hi ,

I really wanted to like starlight blue and ordered my Ocean in that colour last year. At the time I wanted something more subdued than the cherry red Beach. What I didn’t like was the lack of contrast with black body parts. Also after doing the obligatory bellows leak testing the water streaks on the metallic blue looked awful and were hard to remove. In the end I rejected the Ocean due to the bellows and pimples under the paint on the roof.

We had a dark silver metallic Fiat Globecar a few years ago…… in winter it was great……. in summer it was BL@@DY hot! Maybe think about where you intend to travel?

(as a result of that experience I vowed never to have a dark van again)

I have a Starlight Blue T6.1 Ocean and love the colour. I find it quite easy to keep clean, but I think the previous owner may have ceramic coated it. The only reason I would consider an Ascot Grey is how hot my Cali gets when camping in the French Summer. The side of the van gets very hot and I dare say the fridge has to work harder as a result.

IMG_6745.jpeg

That should fix your squeaky steering wheel!

I have starlight blue metallic and I love it but I think if I could order a new one I would have ascot grey - I keep seeing one around and preferring the colour to mine. Colour is always very much a matter of personal preference tho..

Are you getting a good deal like some others on their trade ins? Seems to be some people can do this at effectively zero cost..
I read about other forum users deals and contacted Breeze. I was very pleasantly surprised. Indeed in certain scenarios,like ours, zero cost .

Personally I love the starlight blue. I think it's super classy. It swings from mean black to beautiful sparkling fleck depending on the light. It's like velvet. (I wish they did a good metallic dark green to choose). I dont mind cleaning it as it rewards well when clean.
My tuppence.

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

Personally I love the starlight blue. I think it's super classy. It swings from mean black to beautiful sparkling fleck depending on the light. It's like velvet. (I wish they did a good metallic dark green to choose). I dont mind cleaning it as it rewards well when clean.
My tuppence.

View attachment 120838

View attachment 120839

View attachment 120840

View attachment 120841
This is why I love it too, it’s a very complex colour that changes so much in different lights.

I read about other forum users deals and contacted Breeze. I was very pleasantly surprised. Indeed in certain scenarios,like ours, zero cost .
Hi, could you point me in the direction of the other threads please - interested to read more!

Thanks everyone for the photos. The blue is really, really, nice. However I went for Ascot Grey, but this time with the sports pack and azure blue bellows. I was fortunate to see one on the road near Bristol at the weekend. That sports pack looks great on the Ascot. I think I would have gone for the chrome pack on the blue. There is no such thing as an ugly California!

Back