Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory build’s - How long did yours take (2023)?

3 months :D

Some of us call that a lunchtime break!

Mine should be in build this week but I’ve not had a notification. Did any of you receive an email update during the build and delivery phases? I’d love it if VW had some sort of tracking system.

Mine should be in build this week but I’ve not had a notification. Did any of you receive an email update during the build and delivery phases? I’d love it if VW had some sort of tracking system.
Not me. First I heard was when the dealer called to say it had arrived at the dealership.

I got an email from VW saying it was moving along, not particularly specific at all. Received regular video updates from the dealer on progress, which was good. Mine was week 49 build and we pick it up this Saturday 6 January.
Would be good if there was a tracking facility, had that with my BMW which was great, however dealer updates were pretty useless with them.

I got an email from VW saying it was moving along, not particularly specific at all. Received regular video updates from the dealer on progress, which was good. Mine was week 49 build and we pick it up this Saturday 6 January.
Would be good if there was a tracking facility, had that with my BMW which was great, however dealer updates were pretty useless with them.
Wow, that’s much faster delivery than I was expecting. I was thinking it would be another 6-8 weeks after build.

I've just been told mine is waiting patiently at the dock, waiting for a ride on a boat! It was ordered end of Sept. Build week 1. Not long now!

Ordered 14th November (Ocean 204 4motion). Confirmed build week 5 2024.

I had lots of video links via text from Breeze Poole. They’ve been great.

I ordered late October, in build this week. Hopefully delivered March.

I had lots of video links via text from Breeze Poole. They’ve been great.

I ordered late October, in build this week. Hopefully delivered March.
We ordered ours from Breeze as well.

Placed the order with Tom on the 13th November and since then we have also had lots of video updates with progress. Ours is an Ocean 204 4Motion and his last update advised that the Cali was scheduled for build in week 5. This was sooner than we expected but OK with us.

So far I would agree that Breeze have been great, starting with the initial enquiry, then the placing the order and more recently the regular updates.

Bumping this thread as we’ve just been told ours will be built the week after next.

Ordered: 16th Feb 24 (Week 7)
Confirmed build: Week 17
Spec: Ocean 204 4m Sports pack, candy white + additional options.

Can’t wait.

I put an order on California Beach (UK model) which is already accepted by factory, but no building slot yet. When do you think is the latest date when it will be built? By the end of July? I assume there's summer break in August and then possibly new model production?

I put an order on California Beach (UK model) which is already accepted by factory, but no building slot yet. When do you think is the latest date when it will be built? By the end of July? I assume there's summer break in August and then possibly new model production?
Probably, plus a month to get from the factory to keys in your hand

I received an email on March 16th, having placed order on March 9th (attached) stating production beginning - very quick indeed, but is this the email you all got?

Screenshot_20240427_100539_Gmail.jpg

I placed my order on 29th February but didn't get that 'production has started' email until 14th April. That's 6 weeks compared to your 1 week.

I placed my order on 29th February but didn't get that 'production has started' email until 14th April. That's 6 weeks compared to your 1 week.
Any idea when yours will be delivered?
I've been told mid-May by the dealer but nothing concrete or to back up their guess!!

I've been told mid-May by the dealer but nothing concrete or to back up their guess!!
Surely your dealer should be letting you know what’s going on, not waiting for the VW obligatory email?
I’m withBreeze at Poole and Jamie pops into my email box every other Tuesday without fail since I ordered the cali with a video update for me and brings me up to speed with what he knows..can’t get better than that

When I placed the order (29th Feb) the order form had an estimated delivery date of mid-May. I called the dealership a week ago for an update and they said the build is scheduled for week 21, which they said was the week commencing 20th May. They estimate delivery for the end of June so that will be 4-months from order to delivery.

I'm quite disappointed, to be honest, especially as I have had to chase for any kind of update.

Surely your dealer should be letting you know what’s going on, not waiting for the VW obligatory email?
I’m withBreeze at Poole and Jamie pops into my email box every other Tuesday without fail since I ordered the cali with a video update for me and brings me up to speed with what he knows..can’t get better than that
That's interesting. I'm with Breeze and have had no updates at all. I've sent emails asking about an option change and got no reply. I chased with a phone call and they said they would pass the message on and call me back - that didn't happen. When I asked the receptionist why they don't respond to emails she suggested I put 'Urgent' in the subject heading, which I thought was ridiculous.

It's not the buying experience I was expecting after seeing all the positive feedback on here.

That's interesting. I'm with Breeze and have had no updates at all. I've sent emails asking about an option change and got no reply. I chased with a phone call and they said they would pass the message on and call me back - that didn't happen. When I asked the receptionist why they don't respond to emails she suggested I put 'Urgent' in the subject heading, which I thought was ridiculous.

It's not the buying experience I was expecting after seeing all the positive feedback on here.
Is that Breeze, Poole or one of the other Breeze dealers on south coast?..I’ve got a friend who put an order in a couple of weeks after mine and he get fortnightly updates from Jamie too? Breeze + Poole do have a particularly good name. If your build has gone into code 20 and locked in with a build week you won’t be able to change options. I opted for a different colour Bellows ( they didn’t have an option for watertight ones ) the day before code 20 kicked in and was able to change but the next day I tried to push the boat out with the 4 keys option but it was too late

When I placed the order (29th Feb) the order form had an estimated delivery date of mid-May. I called the dealership a week ago for an update and they said the build is scheduled for week 21, which they said was the week commencing 20th May. They estimate delivery for the end of June so that will be 4-months from order to delivery.

I'm quite disappointed, to be honest, especially as I have had to chase for any kind of update.
So I guess the 'production has started' email is a lie!!??

Is that Breeze, Poole or one of the other Breeze dealers on south coast?..I’ve got a friend who put an order in a couple of weeks after mine and he get fortnightly updates from Jamie too? Breeze + Poole do have a particularly good name. If your build has gone into code 20 and locked in with a build week you won’t be able to change options. I opted for a different colour Bellows ( they didn’t have an option for watertight ones ) the day before code 20 kicked in and was able to change but the next day I tried to push the boat out with the 4 keys option but it was too late
Hi, yes, it's Breeze Poole. I did manage to get my option change early enough after eventually getting through by phone.
I'm 2 months in and no update either by video, phone, or email (apart from vw commercials auto emails).

Hi, yes, it's Breeze Poole. I did manage to get my option change early enough after eventually getting through by phone.
I'm 2 months in and no update either by video, phone, or email (apart from vw commercials auto emails).
How very strange..who’s your sales person? If you PM me your details I’m sure I can have a word next time I speak with Jamie. We all need to be updated and kept appraised of our new purchase.
Ironically I’ve had no VW Commercial brand emails.

Last edited:
After a bit of waiting, I got confirmation that my order was accepted and build week is number 23, beginning of June. Hopefully, delivery can be delayed to end of September.

I learned, that van has one more option that wasn't mentioned earlier, 3 seater bench. I wanted one with 2 seater bench, but can't change the order and there's no van with similar config available to choose. Remaining building slots have more options on them, which I don't want/need.

I did not plan to get Califonia ever, but who could say not to good model run out promotion. Now I have to think where to store my 4x4, because I don't have parking space for 3 cars, but I don't plan to sell it either.

Back