Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Status Inverter Adaptor to UK 3 Pin + USB...Is it me!!!

J

Jules C

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Morning all, I'm looking for some help please.....I recently brought a Status Inverter Adaptor to UK 3 Pin + USB from the club shop but I seem to be having a problem....It keeps on falling out even if I haven't got anything plugged into it.

What am I doing wrong and is there a way to fix the problem? Thanks in advance

Morning all, I'm looking for some help please.....I recently brought a Status Inverter Adaptor to UK 3 Pin + USB from the club shop but I seem to be having a problem....It keeps on falling out even if I haven't got anything plugged into it.

What am I doing wrong and is there a way to fix the problem? Thanks in advance
When you use the adapter are you pushing the required 2 pin out far enough to get the Plastic diamond housing out as well. Without that it will fall out.

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 11.39.37.jpg

Yep, it looks like the photo when I push it in the socket. It still drops out though, thanks for the response

Yep, it looks like the photo when I push it in the socket. It still drops out though, thanks for the response
And when you pull it out is the Plastic bit still present. Sometimes if the adapter doesn't lock into position it can be pushed back into the housing.

I'll have a look, I take it you have the same socket with no problems?

I'll have a look, I take it you have the same socket with no problems?
Not exactly the same make, but similar.
Be aware there is a Microswitch on the Inverter that switches it On, Green LED Top L under the flap, when anything is plugged in wether it be a plug or an adapter. So remove everything when not in use.

Will do thank you again....I will spend some time later trying to sort it out

I believe that the socket / plug itself can get pushed into the bodywork / trim.
As mentioned, if you get the green light lit then it should be firmly held in place.
No green lighty, not fitted tightly..............