Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sticking blinds

Patrick T

Patrick T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Some of the blinds in our van seem to be very difficult to raise and lower, is there any way to lubricate them or ease them at all ???
Thanks

Furniture polish worked a treat on ours perhaps just try one to start that.
I had one replaced when it was under warranty as it was too stiff to use.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I use Silicon spray for blinds and doors etc. Spray can from Toolstation.

I use dry teflon lube and also use it on the runners for the units doors.

I used silicone spray on mine once, i regretted it.
The blinds wouldn´t stay all the way down after i´d done it.
I´m still pi**ed off about it now and that was about 8yrs ago.

[Resisting the urge to selectively quote all above posts and append the word "Fnarr!"]

@westfalia - understand your frustration but useful lesson for others to leave the last couple of inches unlubricated?

[Fnarr, fnarr!]

Mine would get stuck and not return I had them fixed under warranty.

Is it the fabric not returning or the runner that is too tight? There is a pinchable section near the bottom which may be too tight.

Mine has got stuck on hot days, I have slowly fed back the blind by pushing the material each side together as near to the roller as possible. Or you can leave in stuck position until the evening and when it gets colder it will automatically free it's self, well mine did!.

Mine has got stuck on hot days, I have slowly fed back the blind by pushing the material each side together as near to the roller as possible. Or you can leave in stuck position until the evening and when it gets colder it will automatically free it's self, well mine did!.
Same with mine. I thought about getting it changed under warranty but forgot to video it as evidence. Not had a hit enough day since to see if happens again.

So what is the best solution for all these sticking parts - cupboards, blinds, hatch (...others?) - teflon lube, silicon spray, other ... (?) and dos and don'ts of applying them ... ? Thanks

So what is the best solution for all these sticking parts - cupboards, blinds, hatch (...others?) - teflon lube, silicon spray, other ... (?) and dos and don'ts of applying them ... ? Thanks
I use silicone spray sparingly. If its not enough add a little more and wipe up any overspray.
I have used silicone on window blinds, Kitchen and Door sliding windows, rooftop sliding panel and the extension legs on the awning. Basically anywhere there is friction.

I think every California should be delivered with a tin of Silicone Spray ;-)

I use silicone spray sparingly. If its not enough add a little more and wipe up any overspray.
I have used silicone on window blinds, Kitchen and Door sliding windows, rooftop sliding panel and the extension legs on the awning. Basically anywhere there is friction.

I think every California should be delivered with a tin of Silicone Spray ;-)
They should have special carwashes for Californias. Instead of waxing on the end, just spraying silicone.

Back