Sticking blinds solved!

MrTimmyB

MrTimmyB

Van Vader
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All,

I’m sure this has been covered in previous posts, but I thought I would share as I fixed my sticking blinds after many months of frustration.

I bought some of this from Screwfix for £6.95, sprayed onto a piece of folded kitchen towel and rubbed down each channel of each blind. They all now work perfectly!!

Sticking solved.

I hope this helps any of you with the same issue.

0567D7F3-4AEB-46D2-991E-238BFA726E15.jpeg

Hmmm, I’ve also used a silicone spray and as you say it works well. Trouble was the blind on the window behind the sliding door would not stay down and now has to be wedged shut! Strange....

Hmmm, I’ve also used a silicone spray and as you say it works well. Trouble was the blind on the window behind the sliding door would not stay down and now has to be wedged shut! Strange....
If you look at the bottom of the Slider Channel there is a “U” shaped piece of metal that grips the plastic runner that runs on the wire. Squeeze it slightly to grip the Plastic runner or wipe it with some cotton wool dipped in spirit to wipe away any silicone.

Someone had problems with using this in the past. Great stuff for the sliding doors on the wardrobe etc but not to be used on the blinds.

Mike

If you look at the bottom of the Slider Channel there is a “U” shaped piece of metal that grips the plastic runner that runs on the wire. Squeeze it slightly to grip the Plastic runner or wipe it with some cotton wool dipped in spirit to wipe away any silicone.
Thanks again! Hadn’t noticed the metal clip, but can see it now. I’ll try spirit first as I can’t see how to get to the clip to squeeze it.
I’ve been using a wedge made out of a shoe heel knocked up by our local Timpsons!

Back