Which cab blinds for hot camping??

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just wondering which cab blinds are most effective for helping keep the Cali cool in hot climes. We've not camped anywhere really hot but will be in the summer hols. We have the silver external wrap around type blind and also the internal Brandrup silver blinds, is internal or external the way to go? Any advice would be appreciated.

We have just used the VW cloth jobbies in Spain and S. France and they seemed to work fine.
At least you van is silver so will reflect the heat. Amazing what a difference it makes comared to a dark colour like ours.

We have just used the VW cloth jobbies in Spain and S. France and they seemed to work fine.
At least you van is silver so will reflect the heat. Amazing what a difference it makes comared to a dark colour like ours.
Thanks Brian, do you use any ventilation grilles etc? It's the downstairs at night I am trying to keep cool, upstairs I would imagine will be ok once the sun has gone down??

No grilles Carl. Just keep the front windows open slightly if we are in the van and use the VW fly screens in the sliding windows. We don't leave these in at night but do leave front windows open a bit.
We do have one of the thingies for leaving the tailgat open but locked. We haven't used it because I keep forgetting about it but I guess it would help
Also got a USB fan which seems to work well to spread the air around.

Any external windshield cover keeps the glas cooler so better than a inside screen .

Any external windshield cover keeps the glas cooler so better than a inside screen .
That's what I was thinking, I can leave the windows down a bit as well like Briwy said. It takes up a bit more room that's all.

Back