Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stock 2022 Ocean with no swivel driver seat?

snowquick12

snowquick12

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello,

I got my VW California Ocean 2022 4Motion yesterday, and I see two issues that I can't really solve.

1. It seems like the vehicle came with a passenger swivel seat but no driver swivel seat, could it be? I thought the Ocean comes stock with both front swivel seats... (I did manage to swivel the passenger seat with no issue), can't find that same lever on the driver seat though.
2. The sliding window above the kitchen does not open, I suspect an issue with the mechanism but not sure?

Would love to get help with these two issues, hopefully I just don't operate it well but let's see about that...

Thanks!
I attached few relevant pictures.

IMG_9806.jpg

tempImage6rhtTm.png

tempImagetY4ujP.png

Forgot to attach the picture of the window

View attachment 121084
Mine came from new with the window latch like that. Just needed a bit of “wiggling” of the window and latch to get it to re-seat itself. They seem to just get out of line sometimes. Shouldn’t require much force, just a bit !

Don’t no about the seat, but the top button on window with arrow should be up. A gentle push from outside a nd wiggle from inside might free it.

Forgot to attach the picture of the window

View attachment 121084
With regards the seat there was an Option for the Comfort seat which was height adjustable BUT non-swivel.
You have 2 options. New seat from VW - expensive.
Fit an aftermarket 3rd party swivel. This will raise the basic height by about 3cms.
A 3rd option , I suppose, if it was misrepresented at point of sale then the Dealership should replace.

With regards the seat there was an Option for the Comfort seat which was height adjustable BUT non-swivel.
You have 2 options. New seat from VW - expensive.
Fit an aftermarket 3rd party swivel. This will raise the basic height by about 3cms.
A 3rd option , I suppose, if it was misrepresented at point of sale then the Dealership should replace.
Had no idea about that, good to know.

Hello,

I got my VW California Ocean 2022 4Motion yesterday, and I see two issues that I can't really solve.

1. It seems like the vehicle came with a passenger swivel seat but no driver swivel seat, could it be? I thought the Ocean comes stock with both front swivel seats... (I did manage to swivel the passenger seat with no issue), can't find that same lever on the driver seat though.
Have you got hight adjustment on the drivers seat? If so you have a comfort seat fitted. If you don’t there’s a good chance you just have a missing release lever for the swivel.

I thought comfort seats were not available on a 2022 van - only on T6 in the uk not T6.1

Thank you all!

- As for the window, a little push from outside, wiggle the button, and voila it's back to life!
- Regarding the driver seat, I do have a height adjustment, so I guess I have the comfort... I do want to add the swivel, Do you have any specific recommendations for a model? Where to order from? should I install it myself? Also, will it affect any other system? Obviously, I would want the butt heater to be still functioning haha, I assume the cable/harness is long enough for that?

Thanks!

Thank you all!

- As for the window, a little push from outside, wiggle the button, and voila it's back to life!
- Regarding the driver seat, I do have a height adjustment, so I guess I have the comfort... I do want to add the swivel, Do you have any specific recommendations for a model? Where to order from? should I install it myself? Also, will it affect any other system? Obviously, I would want the butt heater to be still functioning haha, I assume the cable/harness is long enough for that?

Thanks!
As far as I am aware all 3rd party swivels will accommodate the wiring harness for the seat airbags and heated seat pads.

Buy a swivel seat and sell your old one:

Swivel :

IMG_0098.png

Comfort:

IMG_0097.png

If you can live with the additional height, then installing an aftermarket swivel system would be the way to go. Best of both worlds and especially useful if there are various drivers of different heights. You will always have the option to replace the entire seat if you decide to go that route.

If you can live with the additional height, then installing an aftermarket swivel system would be the way to go. Best of both worlds and especially useful if there are various drivers of different heights. You will always have the option to replace the entire seat if you decide to go that route.

Think height might be slightly different to the existing seat using an aftermarket swivel. Not the end of the world but might annoy some.

Think height might be slightly different to the existing seat using an aftermarket swivel. Not the end of the world but might annoy some.
Thats why I said if they can live with the additional 3-4cm height the swivel system introduces. I'm only 5'7" and I would have to think very carefully before committing to that optio. Try sitting on a few books to imitate the height and see how it goes. Reaching the handbrake could be a problem for some.

Seems like installing the aftermarket swivel is the best option for me as I am only 5'8", my partner is 5'4" and I have noticed anyway I am not sitting all the way down... The only question is which one to choose from, I would hate to have it installed and discover it introduced some wiggle to the chair?

Seems like installing the aftermarket swivel is the best option for me as I am only 5'8", my partner is 5'4" and I have noticed anyway I am not sitting all the way down... The only question is which one to choose from, I would hate to have it installed and discover it introduced some wiggle to the chair?
More likely to get advice regarding such swivels on the T6 forum.

Just remember if you’re new to Cali ownership and you intend to use levelling ramps you might find you go off the idea of swivelling the driver seat!

Just to throw another view into the mix… We have had our van nearly 5 years and haven’t yet swivelled the drivers seat in earnest.
There’s only two of us ( plus dog ) and prefer the passenger seat swivelled and ‘other half’ sits on the bench seat….. never could understand those couples in restaurants who don’t sit across from each other and choose to sit alongside.
True the front seats are ergonomically more comfortable but I haven’t yet found the bench seat ‘uncomfortable’.
I’ld try living with it for a while before any seat change decision.

Your vehicle is LHD?
If it is then I would hold of fitting the swivel as the seat when turned is not that useful because of the kitchen unit, unless you need all 4 seating positions.

Just to throw another view into the mix… We have had our van nearly 5 years and haven’t yet swivelled the drivers seat in earnest.
There’s only two of us ( plus dog ) and prefer the passenger seat swivelled and ‘other half’ sits on the bench seat….. never could understand those couples in restaurants who don’t sit across from each other and choose to sit alongside.
True the front seats are ergonomically more comfortable but I haven’t yet found the bench seat ‘uncomfortable’.
I’ld try living with it for a while before any seat change decision.
I totally agree with this - I swivelled the driver's seat once just to get the hang of it and never needed to since. I find it easier and quicker to do the passenger one. Unless you are planning a full compliment of passengers I would see how you go for a while before committing to a driver swivel. At the end of the day an after-market swivel has to be comfortable, safe and do its job.

Back