Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare wheel addition

Graham S

Graham S

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi folks, my van came without spare wheel etc and I am going to add one this summer. I was intending to buy brackets, jack, and wheel nut wrench from VW and purchase a second hand steel wheel and tyre locally. Anything I should be aware of?
Thanks

I also got the rack from VW, its easy enough as everything is there
ready for the fixings.
If you get a cheap steel spare you wont need the extra lock for it although you
might need a minimum 17 inch one.
I don't think the 16s will fit over your brakes.

Hi folks, my van came without spare wheel etc and I am going to add one this summer. I was intending to buy brackets, jack, and wheel nut wrench from VW and purchase a second hand steel wheel and tyre locally. Anything I should be aware of?
Thanks
I believe the Forum Shop can supply all the parts with a VIP discount.
They could probably supply the Jack etc.

But why does your vehicle not have a Jack or Wheel Brace?

The T5 180 and T6 204 Calis have larger front discs so the only rims that fit are 17inch or above.
Steel 17inch rims will fit under the van, in the carrier, 18inch ones won't, if you have opted for those.

Hope that helps.

Alan

One thing you must be aware of:
IMG_20190624_123957.jpg

Looks like this after 10 years:
IMG_20200611_120141.jpg

But then on 17" instead of 16"

Those 16" wheels will fit on the rear, but not on the front, as you have the 204hp, which means 17" front brakes.

I believe the Forum Shop can supply all the parts with a VIP discount.
They could probably supply the Jack etc.

But why does your vehicle not have a Jack or Wheel Brace?

That’s great thanks. Don’t know why no jack or brace, bought it a year old and it has the emergency puncture repair kit and inflator but no jack/ brace.
Thanks for the pointer, appreciated.

View attachment 61114

View attachment 61113

Those 16" wheels will fit on the rear, but not on the front, as you have the 204hp, which means 17" front brakes.

Cheers for that , very useful. It doesn’t look pretty after 10 years eh! Hopefully it will remain under the van unutilised. Thanks a lot
View attachment 61114

View attachment 61113

That’s great thanks. Don’t know why no jack or brace, bought it a year old and it has the emergency puncture repair kit and inflator but no jack/ brace.
Thanks for the pointer, appreciated.
I assume you have looked in the tool kit that is attached to the back of the rear seat?

Alan

This could be embarrassing, but hopefully not. Of course l looked in the -------------, and isn't it a pain putting the fixing bolts back.

I assume you have looked in the tool kit that is attached to the back of the rear seat?

Alan
The kit I’d taken out when I got the van given no spare - doh - now answering to ‘Numpty’. Thanks Alan - just a wheel and bracket now required. Good news
Cheers
Graham

Back