Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

STOLEN: VW T6 California Ocean Grey, 2.0 BiTDi 4Motion, Pearl White, LHD (AMSTERDAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wojciech Jerzy

Wojciech Jerzy

Wojciech
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all - our beloved California has been stolen from us from our Amsterdam garage the night 23/24 of November. Please have your eyes wide open and let us know if you see a pearl white T6 California Grey with all-red TDI and 4Motion badges. It could go for sale in one of european countries - I guess anywhere in EU. This forum is my last hope - I know you are like me, and you know a California once you see one. Thank you!

California 01.JPG

California 02.JPG

California 03.JPG

California 04.JPG

California 05.JPG

So sorry to hear. I have friends in NL, not on here. How can I get them to help?

sorry to hear this i will share on facebook

So sorry to hear. I have friends in NL, not on here. How can I get them to help?
Thank you very much - perhaps sharing pictures? There is not that many Calis in Pearl White out there - at least I haven't seen. Appreciate it.

Absolutely gutted for you. I hope Karma heads their light fingered way

Terrible news. They become one of your family so we understand your loss. As said above, not seen one yet in your colour so hopefully it will stand out. We are locked down here, so not out that much but will keep a look out if it heads to the UK. Good luck in recovering her.

Hi all - our beloved California has been stolen from us from our Amsterdam garage the night 23/24 of November. Please have your eyes wide open and let us know if you see a pearl white T6 California Grey with all-red TDI and 4Motion badges. It could go for sale in one of european countries - I guess anywhere in EU. This forum is my last hope - I know you are like me, and you know a California once you see one. Thank you!

View attachment 70503

View attachment 70504

View attachment 70505

View attachment 70506

View attachment 70507

Rally sorry to hear that. So many low life’s in this world.
Had you picked up any distinguishing marks on the body at all which would maybe help identify it?

What i find stunning is that in the 21st century we have still not made a vehicle immune to theft. whats even more stunning is that the police have never worked with the dealer network to flag stolen vehicles so that if it comes in for a service or work that police are alerted. would be so simple to do !
sorry for your loss i suspect it is many miles way from Amsterdam by now and prob not UK as it is LHD.

What i find stunning is that in the 21st century we have still not made a vehicle immune to theft. whats even more stunning is that the police have never worked with the dealer network to flag stolen vehicles so that if it comes in for a service or work that police are alerted. would be so simple to do !
sorry for your loss i suspect it is many miles way from Amsterdam by now and prob not UK as it is LHD.
These stolen cars end up either on ebay as part donors or in Russia.

BMW do, and guess as the newer vans come with a built in sim there is no reason why they can’t. BMW know where there cars are after 2014/15

Rally sorry to hear that. So many low life’s in this world.
Had you picked up any distinguishing marks on the body at all which would maybe help identify it?
Thank you. Not really, only colour, maybe roof rack + box but I bet it would be removed... inside on the central dash full spec, only 2 buttons not in use.

These stolen cars end up either on ebay as part donors or in Russia.
Any idea how they would cross the border? No checks?
Difficult to decide for another one when you know this trash can come back to take another one.

Any idea how they would cross the border? No checks?
Difficult to decide for another one when you know this trash can come back to take another one.
Not good at all Wojciech, probably an organised gang stolen to order
driven down to Rotterdam and could be anywhere now.

I hope your insurance sort it out quickly, on your next one a
Bear Lock and one of them Ghost things together should stop them
taking it.

Not good at all Wojciech, probably an organised gang stolen to order
driven down to Rotterdam and could be anywhere now.

I hope your insurance sort it out quickly, on your next one a
Bear Lock and one of them Ghost things together should stop them
taking it.
Terrible, we are devastated, the insurance will not cover in full, the loan still have to be paid back, it will be the end of California adventure for us for a long time.

Terrible, we are devastated, the insurance will not cover in full, the loan still have to be paid back, it will be the end of California adventure for us for a long time.
Oh sh1t, i can imagine how bad you will be feeling, b#st4rds.

Carfax will record service work done at dealerships using the vehicles VIN number. Also inspections. Might be worth checking occasionally. I'm curious if this was theft to order deal how they knew the Cali was parked in the garage. I guess you could have been followed? What a bummer, and sorry you're going through this. No help now but Low jack or another tracker is a worthwhile investment.

Sorry to hear that :(
Just posted on Polish FB Cali fan page.

Talking from an honest buyers perspective, any reputable company selling a full interior such as this one will almost certainly be expecting calls regarding its provenance. If they wish to achieve anywhere near the price being asked here, they will need to come up with both proof of origin and the reason for the sale. Obtaining written reassurance on this point should be any buyers first course of action. Stage two should be a full physical inspection of all parts before bidding. For a 2018 Ocean to have been scrapped ligitamately it would have to have recieved substantial damage, enough to write it off. Any incident causing that much damage may well have damaged the interior as well. Then there's the care or lack of when removing said interior. If it were me, I'd be looking for cracks, stress damage, broken fixings and any other marks etc before even thinking of bidding.

Anyone interested should check, check and check again before doing anything. I would also try to establish who the previous owner was and attempt contact them to check the information given.

This interior isn't from the OP's Ocean. It has the wrong interior and exterior colours.

If it’s genuine, then surely the insides have come out of a shell with a Vin Number that was written off. Can verification be supplied with such a purchase ? I have no idea?
Before one goes off on a tangent, accusing, this is a public forum where we ask questions.
One is not, pointing one’s finger.
Easy to see long standing business’s via Free Company’s House.
I remember the windows of my Renault Laguna had the vin number etched in.
Do feel for people who have their pride and joy stolen.
What to do? Permenant marker or that special water stuff inside of all interior ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back