Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

**STOLEN** White 4Motion Ocean - Banbury Area

P

PeterButton

Lifetime VIP Member
Hi - Sadly, my first post is to report our new Ocean has been stolen after about 8 weeks of ownership from Bloxham, just south of Banbury.

Registration is KW17VUG. It is a 4Motion, white with a black awning and a two bike rack on the tailgate. We’ve just fitted new Bridgestone Blizzak winter tyres.

Somebody climbed a 6’ brick wall, broke the glass door of our conservatory, found the keys and presumably just drove it away sometime in the last 24 hours while we were away from the house.

I will of course be very grateful to hear from anybody who sees the van.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awful. I'll keep an eye out around North London.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Sad news. Thanks for sharing the 'how' it got stolen. Hopefully we can help find it for you.

Sorry to hear that peter. Maybe some pictures would help if you have them

The only picture is from when we picked up the van from Heritage in Bristol.

Thanks for your suggestion.
37c5264b9ae96009e0e62f053a5880f6.plist

Hi - Sadly, my first post is to report our new Ocean has been stolen after about 8 weeks of ownership from Bloxham, just south of Banbury.

Registration is KW17VUG. It is a 4Motion, white with a black awning and a two bike rack on the tailgate. We’ve just fitted new Bridgestone Blizzak winter tyres.

Somebody climbed a 6’ brick wall, broke the glass door of our conservatory, found the keys and presumably just drove it away sometime in the last 24 hours while we were away from the house.

Thanks

Very sorry to hear this, hope it can be found & quickly.

How awful for you.

Reading reports like this make me wonder what additional measures I can put in place to prevent theft if someone gets hold of our keys.

I wish you luck in tracing its whereabouts.

Terrible and a break in too: my worst nightmare. Perhaps admin would post this on Facebook forum with sharing rights and a contact @Martin ? Best wishes.

I'm so sorry Peter. Have the Police been ofany help? Do you have any CCTV in your area.

We live in a country that's covered in cameras so in theory it ought to be possible to trace it's journey away from your property to somewhere near it's final destination. If only there was the will to do it.

The only picture is from when we picked up the van from Heritage in Bristol.

Thanks for your suggestion.
37c5264b9ae96009e0e62f053a5880f6.plist

Heritage should have more pictures from their stock ones they use to sell the vehicles. Very sorry to read this and can only imagine what you are feeling.
Simon

As @Loz suggests, Autowatch Ghost can help to stop this type of theft.
I've had it fitted onto our Cali and I know a number of other Forum members have had the same done.

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

That is so terrible to hear. It is such a huge decision and occasion to buy and finally own the California. You should spend your time enjoying the van.

I never understood how people believe they have the right to take things away from others which have worked and saved hard to buy and enjoy what ever it is.

We live in the country and even though the van is my daily drive, now and then we take my wife's car and leave the van in front of the house. The keys are in a different room kind of hidden away, but nothing stops intruders to get into the house and search for them.

I had a look at Autowatch Ghost in Ireland, because I am interested to get it installed. But so far I have not found a company that a.) offers this solution and b.) that convinces me that they are a reliable company. If anybody is aware of a supplier and installer with a good reputation in the greater Dublin area, please let me know. :)

Regards,
Eberhard

How awful for you.

Reading reports like this make me wonder what additional measures I can put in place to prevent theft if someone gets hold of our keys.

Wheel clamp is an obvious deterant
How awful for you.

wheel clamp is a good deterrent

Most of the thefts we hear about are from outside people's homes, and very likely first involve the theft of the keys from inside the home. This suggests a pre-planned operation.

The Autowatch Ghost, while an excellent method to prevent theft, seems unlikely to deter an attempted theft and entry to the home. Wheel clamps are a superb visual deterrent, but fairly easily overcome, and I find it hard to imagine myself or my wife going through all that faff to lock each time we park the van on our drive.

However, a rising bollard is both an excellent visual deterrent, and if correctly fitted, hard to overcome, and it's easy to operate. Cost is about £1500 plus installation.

When away from home, spinning the driver's seat and deadlocking the doors is an excellent deterrent.

Hi absolutely gutted for you and your family i cannot imagine how you felt when saw it was gone,lets how some how it returns to you .will keep an eye on reg nos near me

Sorry to hear your news. Such a bummer so early into your campervan life.
Let us know how your insurance company deals with the loss.

Wheel clamp is an obvious deterant

They got the keys.
Friends had their house wrecked, kitchen cupboards ripped off the walls, bedrooms given the same treatment etc etc. in the search for their Son's Focus ST keys. Car recovered some miles away in a back lane, unmarked but house wrecked.

Worth getting the word out locally as it may be parked to check for a Tracker.

Thanks

sorry to hear about your loss.

Back