Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

**STOLEN** White 4Motion Ocean - Banbury Area

Glad to know that it ends well.
After reading this post, i put a cobra tracker.
Also, my insurance reimburses me what i paid for it, for 3 years.
My wish : never to need any of those services...

I am so sorry to hear of the horrible situation you have been put through, I can only echo the views of others on this thread. Also it was good to see that the sh*te that you were put through did have a good outcome in the end with your insurance from comfort.

I did see that there are a lot of good suggestions as how to protect in the future, but where do you stop?
I like the idea of clamps locks etc, or even a chain around a wheel as I have on the bike. These just slow the theft by a few moments.
i have a stop lock pro elite, supposed to be one of the best but tests have shown defeated in 5 mins.
i have heard of vehicles being lifted up or dragged onto a loader.

Anyway I digress, I do hope Peter that you can soon put this episode to the back of your mind and hopefully find a replacement ready for the new year and get out there and enjoy.

kind regards

I'll keep my eye out. I've dug a moat around mine and filled it with crocodiles. Worth driving around to see if it's parked up somewhere though. Theybitren dump them a few hours to check for trackers

Good morning,

Yes, of course. I will talk to my VW dealer about this as well. I wonder if they can recommend something.

Regards,
Eberhard

I wouldn't mind getting Autowatch Ghost on our van as well. If there aren't any reliable installers in Ireland, I wonder if there would be enough of us willing to commit and make it worthwhile for another installer to come over and do a batch of vans all at once. I'd be willing to commit.

Hide the keys or take the ignition key with you perhaps. That is why women have handbags. I have a small hidden safe for spare keys etc.
Just a note, in Europe, men use handbags. Keys, phone, wallet = bulky awkward baggy clothing, e.g. shoulder bag to maintain a minimum of comfort and avoid homeless look.

Before we shipped our Cali to Aus I hid a little Tile (tracker) in a secret spot, the day it arrived in Melbourne, I received a message on my phone alerting me in an outer suburban address and not at the docks, After investigation I was told it had been moved to that location for quarantine inspection.
Not sure if the TILE works the same in UK but worth looking into Huh?

Autowatch Ghost
Any recommended fitters Loz? I Googled around and found Immobiliserdirect but after all the horror stories on here want to make sure our Cali doesn’t get damaged as a consequence of fitting.

Cheers

Taff T

Any recommended fitters Loz? I Googled around and found Immobiliserdirect but after all the horror stories on here want to make sure our Cali doesn’t get damaged as a consequence of fitting.

Cheers

Taff T
They have regional fitters, give them a call.
I used Autoelec Glos. but he only does Gloucestershire

Hi, We’re really sorry to hear about your camper, that’s blumming awful! We’ll keep our eyes open our neck of the woods!

I appreciate this isn’t much help to you now however just a couple of suggestions that other folk may find helpful. We always keep our keys locked in a key safe that is bolted to the wall, even when we’re home and when we have gone out and left the van at home, both sets of keys are locked away. We never leave them in drawers or left out in view through a window. They are not very expensive but a good way to just lock away spare keys.

After hearing about your van, we’ve also just installed a security post in front of the garage door, and a wheel lock, just additional deterrents to make it harder for the criminals.

Fingers crossed your van turns up!

Hi

After reading all these posts my wife and I now each have one of the ignition keys for our van on the key rings for our daily drivers so if the worst happens and the scum bags break in when we are not at home they cant drive off with our pride and joy.

Back