Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage bin ( overhead )

We are still under warranty (just!) so intend taking into VW Van Centre Edinburgh but wondered if anyone else has had similar problem?
Just to back up IanE's report, we also had the storage bin fall down on one side and it was accepted as a warranty issue without any quibble.

I had the same problem on my last Cali, a couple of washers under the striker plate screws and it was fixed.

Just to update on the broken storage bin situation, VW Van Centre Edinburgh are going to renew hinges under warranty with absolutely no quibbles, as a few others have had similar problem. They say that there is now an improved fixing screw and they believe that there was a problem with original screws which have been overtightened in the factory. It will be interesting to see if this will make operation of the bin any easier, although they confirmed that the 'push before pulling' technique is definitely the correct way of opening the latch.

As my warranty is due to expire next month, they were also anxious to check if there was anything else requiring fixed and they had a quick look and are going to rectify/replace a couple of problems. I have got to say that over the last 3 years, I have found their response to any warranty issues absolutely exemplary. They know and understand the California and have replaced everything from torn roof bellows and broken internal table to faulty sun visor and dead water tank pump, without any hassle.

This may sound like I have a dodgy vehicle that has required a lot of fixing but actually the Van Rouge has been used a lot in its short lifetime. We calculated we have spent one whole year abroad living in it over the course of the last 30 months, excluding long weekends and short holidays in the UK, so the odd breakage is inevitable. Fingers crossed for the future and life beyond warranty!

Thanks for all advice...

Cheers

Back