Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage Shelf / Extension to Roof Bed

Trav88

Trav88

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,,,

Got a VW T6 Beach, wife and three kids! At the moment the misses and I sleep upstairs with the baby, but keen to make the switch and sleep downstairs and get the boys (4 and 6 years old) to sleep upstairs. Only trouble is that they move around, so to stop them falling through the hole I plan to cut out a bit of wood and place it above the drivers seat...

Obviously being a proud beach owner I want it to look nice and keen to see if anyone else has done something similar? I vaguely remember someone doing this and using it as a shelf during the day? Does anyone have anything to share?

Hi,,,

Got a VW T6 Beach, wife and three kids! At the moment the misses and I sleep upstairs with the baby, but keen to make the switch and sleep downstairs and get the boys (4 and 6 years old) to sleep upstairs. Only trouble is that they move around, so to stop them falling through the hole I plan to cut out a bit of wood and place it above the drivers seat...

Obviously being a proud beach owner I want it to look nice and keen to see if anyone else has done something similar? I vaguely remember someone doing this and using it as a shelf during the day? Does anyone have anything to share?
Haven't you got the Child Safety Net that fits from roof bed end to roof ceiling to stop children falling out.
image.jpeg

Thought it came with the vehicle. It did on the T5.

Thought so. The Child Safety Net is included on the T6 Beach.

Extract from T6 Brochure.

image.jpeg

Hi Romke, perfect, yes this was exactly what I was thinking about.. Ta.

@WelshGas I've got the safety net, it's great for a baby but it's up to the job for 6 year olds,,

Interestingly I find the opposite. Our 6 year old safely sleeps upstairs on her own with the net in place, but our 1 year old would definitely come crashing down in the night!

Hi Romke, perfect, yes this was exactly what I was thinking about.. Ta.

@WelshGas I've got the safety net, it's great for a baby but it's up to the job for 6 year olds,,
It is supposed to be a Child safety net. My concern would be that if you put a shelf up to cover the entrance the a 6 yr old could move it and fall through or end up on top of it making it difficult to get at them in an emergency.
The net is supposed to stop accidental rolling off not determined escape. That's upto the parents.
My 3 yr old granddaughter has no problem with the net.:thumb

Our 3 and 6 year olds sleep up top, not had a problem. 6yo can unhook the net and climb down on her own if needed and can help the 3yo down too. Whilst we're never far from the van when camping, I find it reassuring that they could get down in an emergency.

But it very much depends on your kids, only you can say if you're happy with it.

Back