Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strangest question(s)/comment(s) about VW Californias

"Is that a projector screen?"....pointing at the folded away awning

On a camping in Sardegna filling water from 2L bottles in the water tank. A Italian guy is looking for a while, and then asks:

"WOW! Is it rally running on water?"

"Jep - Newest technology"

"But it is a VW"

"Jep - you know they had some problems with emission, so they simply change the technology to water"

The guy taking a round inspecting the car, picking up and smelling one of the empty bottles.

"No sing, is that for real? It is water!"

"Jep - amazing huh?"

Then he starts to scout for a hidden camera or something. Must admit I could not bare to leave him in this state, so I enlightened him. We had a great laugh!

On a camping in Sardegna filling water from 2L bottles in the water tank. A Italian guy is looking for a while, and then asks:

"WOW! Is it rally running on water?"

"Jep - Newest technology"

"But it is a VW"

"Jep - you know they had some problems with emission, so they simply change the technology to water"

The guy taking a round inspecting the car, picking up and smelling one of the empty bottles.

"No poo, is that for real? It is water!"

"Jep - amazing huh?"

Then he starts to scout for a hidden camera or something. Must admit I could not bare to leave him in this state, so I enlightened him. We had a great laugh!

Hahaha!

Takes me back to grad school and course on Magnetohydonamics (Plasma physics) for fusion reactors.

0th chapter had following small quiz. Since a very small percentage of water molecules have the heavier hydrogen isotope, how much potential energy from fusion reactions in 1 cubic cm of sea water?

Answer: equivalent to 89 gallons of gasoline!

So you weren't far off! Just failed to order Cali with on board fusion reactor.

(Ideally inertial confinement rather than mini Tokamak!)

Damn my spelling. MHD it is for magnetohydrodynamics!

Latest one:

"Why didn't you just get a luxury saloon? They are so much more comfortable."

So true too! In one month of ownership I have done many day trips and managed over 1k miles. But never used it for camping or sleeping.

But there are plans!

You need longer than a month to get use to all the technology before one can say it's fully understood,that's the way it was for me :cool:

Alan

Just realised I've had mine nearly 6 months (car tax reminder does that) - still haven't got the hang of all the technology!

Bloke who regularly delivers to my house was admiring Albert, who, as normal, was hooked up to the mains.

"Does it run on electric?"

"Yes, but it can't go far"

"Why's that?"

"I can't get a lead long enough"......

Last edited:
Back