Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strut top location

Interestingly, the VW main dealer I bought mine from in Germany was offering (on VW headed paper) to fit both B14s and 20” wheels on new Calis.
I asked the dealer about the VW springs and they said they didn’t recommend fitting them in conjunction with 20s.

Guessing this could be because they deemed the ride a little harsh with that combination(?) or because they were charging loads more €€ for the Bilsteins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair play. The plot thickens on this can of worms.

Ideally I'd like to install my B14's but clearly I don't want to invalidate any warranty.

....... I knew I should have bought one pre 2017, cheaper road tax too :confused:

88582CEC-631E-470B-B1EE-486B4A8FA102.jpeg

An excerpt from the warranty manual. As already said we have to take pictures when submiting warranty claims so if a modification can cause a failure of a related component it will be rejected.

See comment below, Air would give you the best of both worlds me thinks, but as you say £££ and back to the warranty issue.
Worth checking but I think I read that VB air suspension is a VW approved modification and thus doesn’t present warranty issues. There’s just the issue of cost instead. Thick end of £5k I believe.

EDIT: now I can’t find the article, just that VB are a VW ‘Premium Partner’ so maybe I’m wrong or that’s not the case anymore.

Last edited:
Worth checking but I think I read that VB air suspension is a VW approved modification and thus doesn’t present warranty issues. There’s just the issue of cost instead. Thick end of £5k I believe.

EDIT: now I can’t find the article, just that VB are a VW ‘Premium Partner’ so maybe I’m wrong or that’s not the case anymore.

Correct, provided VB suspension is fitted by an accredited supplier it does not affect the VW warranty.

Back