Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pump exit pipe to tap hose

Dylan

Dylan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone tried to remove the tap hose at the external connection from the top of the water tank? I can the jubilee clip attaching the hose through the inspection hole in the rear wardrobe, but wondered how easy it would be to remove hose and then attach it again. The hose appears to have a hard plastic sleeve within the tube which may not reseal completely with the jubilee clip. There isn't much room to get hands to the connection.

It should not be a problem , just push the hose back on the sleve and trap it with the clip....
Can i ask the reason why you want to remove it?

Thank you for replying. I have nearly finished the retro-installation of the new shower attachment as outlined in the accessories threads. All has gone well, but when I cut the tap hose to insert a tee-piece for the shower outlet I can't get the hose ends to seal on the brass tee-piece. I've tried various clips but without success. On examining the hose ends, I see that the hose has a harder plastic inner sleeve surrounded by the rubber outer cover. This plastic sleeve does not deform with the clip pressure to seal the joint. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

If you can, I would try putting the end in boiling water to soften the tube before tightening the clamp.

Ok , gives more insight .
Have you tryed to use one of those metal bands that you can screw to thighten... ( don't know the exact translation) or is it such a thing you used and did not work?

Ok , gives more insight .
Have you tryed to use one of those metal bands that you can screw to thighten... ( don't know the exact translation) or is it such a thing you used and did not work?
Thanks for the replies. I've tried the usual jubilee and screw band clips but these did not seal the joints. I'll see if I can heat the ends in boiling water to soften them. Unfortunately, space is very tight.

Disconnecting the fresh water hose in a T5 Cali

I'm digging up this old thread, as I had the same problem with disconnecting the fresh water hose from a malfunct VW water tap in the Cali.

Instead of the rather unpractical solution of heating the hose in hot water, I simply took the hair dryer of Mrs. Marchugo. And hey, presto, in twenty seconds the hose and the tap were seperated.

It appears there is no hard plastic inner sleeve in the end of the hose (which I too had expected). The white plastic end of the tap that goes into the hose simply has four ridges, which are strong enough to hold the pieces together. In my Cali there wasn't even a jubilee clip to hold the hose in place.

1647437268373.png

Now I'm on to my next task: fitting the inner parts of the tap, that came loose by accident during fitting a new microswitch.

This is what the situation is now:
Waterkraan-rubber-veer_2.jpg

1647437616635.png

This is what the situation should be:
1647438450942.png

A hell of a job to fit the white plastic thingy back into the tap house, while at the same time pushing down the little rubber stop on top of the metal spring. You need three hands.
I have used all kinds of flat gear, from screw drivers and chisels, to nail files. Untill now no succes. The spring wins every time. Maybe some one has a brilliant idea?

I'm afraid it will end up in buying a new tap...Of course that's the easy way, but I like to repair things myself, and to understand how things work.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.