Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Suggestions for WBStudios (Harry Potter) Leavesden, Herts

Re: Suggestions for WBStudios (Harry Potter) Leavesden, Hert

No idea but try Google Earth. Locate the studios and then search campsites.

It worked for us this Easter.

You could try here http://www.commonleysfarm.com/
A bit of an unusual place but we would certainly go back. I think this is in range!

I say that... It's an hours drive...

Thanks for these interesting options guys!!

:hello You could come and park up on our drive overnight as we only live less than one mile from the studios .Great to welcome a Cali to Watford.

Wow-thanks for the offer!!... But we are now booked with www.townfarmcamping.co.uk .... Looking forward to the Harry Potter Experience!!

Keep us posted. Liz has been wanting to visit there too... we're off to Northumberland tomorrow so we'll try and slot in a visit to the real Harry Potter castle at Alnwick!

Just a quick update on this....

We stayed for a single night at www.townfarmcamping.co.uk , near Tring which, location wise, was bang on for our trip to the Warner Brothers Studio Tour at Leavesden. The trip to the studios was barely 25 mins!!

Despite this clearly being a very busy weekend for the site, their was plenty of space, and we were welcomed really warmly by "Charles" who was whizzing around on his Gator.

A couple of observations about the site for anybody thinking about staying there in the future, the site has incredible views, but is set on the brow of a hill, so some of the camping is on fairly steep terrain.

The toilets and showers seemed sparse in comparison to the number of campers, but I have to say, we didn't actually experience a shortage of either. Charles seemed to keep them decent despite the heavy use!!

The site is essentially in a farming environment, so there were many open farm buildings some housing all manner of farm machinery and equipment, which seemed worrying, especially if you have slightly older children, who might get bored of the play area and begin to roam.

Overall the site felt very relaxed, and perhaps my only criticism might be that it was expensive at £10 per adult and £5 per child, in comparison the previous weekend we stayed for 2 nights at "Wild Duck" near Great Yarmouth for £24 in total.

It goes without saying that the Harry Potter Studios Tour was mind blowing for anybody with an interest in the books or films!!