Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forest Bonfire/Fireworks Meet - 31st Oct -> 2nd Nov 14

Re: New Forest Bonfire/Fireworks Meet - 31st Oct -> 2nd Nov

Enjoy your meet everybody and send back some pictures :thumb

Hi stu if it's ok we'd love to come if it's not too late I've got to work tonight but the van is all packed and ready to go so we hope to get there about by 1pm Saturday :D

Just come when you're ready mate. See you tomorrow.

Busted!! :mrgreen:

image.jpg

Stu said:
You can bring along whatever you like Tony, the only stipulation they made was that they should all be handed in to them on arrival. :thumb

Bumper pack of rockets purchased to add to the display - looking forward to it. Will leave as early as possible tomorrow morning, although may get delayed by a McDonald breakfast en-route....

Enjoy Halloween - I hope the sun cream doesn't ruin the makeup!!!!

A few of us here already. The bonfire is huge and they're still building it!!

Thanks to everyone that came along, a strong turnout.

Weather was a bit rough last night and I notice a couple of you are leaving, I hope you have a safe trip home. :thumb

Thank you Stu & Chrissi for organising such a lovely meet; definitely a campsite to be revisited - had a great walk along sea wall yesterday with views of the Isle of White. The bonfire and fireworks last night were dead impressive.... was glad to enjoy it at a safe distance supping wine and eating the campsite tasty chilli baked potatoes! We sadly had to dash off back home this morning crack of dawn. Thanks again

Had a lovely time. Saturday lunchtime took the Cali up into the heart of the New Forest, popped the roof and cooked lunch with incredible views. Great to catch up with both old and new faces. Thanks to the kind couple who helped attach the roof bungee which was sorely needed this morning.
BBC weather lied when they claimed light rain and 4 mile an hour winds this morning. I managed to get wet through to the skin through 4 layers of clothing! That wasn't why we left though......Charlotte had a drama practice to get to!
Popped the roof on return home to try to dry it but have never had it so wet! Thanks to all involved.

Zebedee

I'm pleased you enjoyed yourselves Celia & Edward, I did notice whilst I was watching the fireworks that I could see into your van and a bottle of red appeared to be put to good use :laugh2

We really liked the site. The facilities were very good, access to some nice walks was easy (we walked several miles into Lymington along the coastline on Saturday). The onsite shop and the cafe facilities were also a nice touch. I cannot in anyway take credit for choosing the site it was a recommendation of Simon & Eleanor - So thank you both for that and I'm sorry you weren't able to join us, I hope Eleanor is feeling better this week.

You had a bit of a whistle-stop tour by the sounds of it Charlotte. The rain on Sunday morning was a bit of a pain but not impossible and I think many people were lucky enough to spot an opening for long enough to get packed up. :thumb

There is an event next year which is the Hurst View Dubfest. The site owners really enjoyed having us there this weekend and have asked if we would like to attend for another club meet at the dubfest, and of course we are welcome at anytime outside of that.

If there is some interest in the Dubfest then let us know so we have an idea of numbers and we'll make an early bid for a spot.

Morning stu ..... I think you have said it ,as well as the other members ... I'll keep mine short and sweet ... Lol
Great weekend when we finally got there after a nightmare traffic journey.. The kids loved the Halloween ,fireworks and bonfire ....all round a successful weekend even if the Saturday night weather was slightly demanding .... Lollol
Met up with new and old members and it was good to see a few out at this time of he year ..:)
I'll be looking at going back to this site for sure and Deffo the dub Fest ..:)

Back