Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sun Canopy T5 Cali

BEETS

BEETS

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello

Not had the Cali long and think i may get benefit from a sun canopy... I have already bought a Vango Airbeam drive away awning and would like to see these working together...

I would like to buy the best on the market regards quality...

Any recommmendations?

P Beeton

When you say sun canopy do you mean wind out awning or just a sunshade that would fit into the awning channel?

CaliKev

i mean the type that are fixed permanently to the side of the van and winds out with legs etc etc

The awning fitted to the Cali SE is the Thule Omnistor 5102 and available from here
http://www.omnistorawnings.co.uk/
or here
https://hillviewawnings.co.uk/

Both are on the South Coast.

It will need a special brackets to fit the on the rail and popup roof frame.

I haven't taken ours off, but it doesn't look difficult to do, and so should be simple to refit. However, I am sure either company will be happy to fit one for you.

Fiamma also make one that will fit, but I think the mounting may be different.

Hope that helps.

Alan

We have a wind-out Fiamma F45s Canoy and an AIrbeam Kela 3. The Kela attaches to the canopy via a figure-8 strip and and 6mm to 4mm Kador (4mm on the canopy).

The great flexibility of this is that we can attach the Kela directly to the Cali, with the canopy fully in or fully out. When the weather is good (which does happen occasionally in the UK) having the canopy out, gives great ventilation into the van.

zkjYDWd2AzRgDUgfPvRyqAcoo61w6d1eabaU_lfMC2Ey2RtxjxW8ANFhp0c1IhVVGCX0dGl3w1do7ObJh3JL3YEyBJJ7fjYeq5Xu9TKoIbDvEnyMYA6UDqAlpyAAepcFk-c3KLdf6YBeiyvzvKYXHSXNnky_xFYWh3_A14P6HoxybAjxoXBzNhBV4W9-w2BsOtz0970fBgZsdvjIVJVZG-Q5lmyq3_BFWzwG4kI6D2PXMwEqSl-2xVfp0Itj7gcQT5m1mCVQgtjzBCqW8D8FZn90KT8rWcVX4uYUB6yt988xS-_CheYxPdjDoZrvnFwRBThysT3_TT30jOkBmZDFLi6ZsMn2O5_e5VZCyuHRwC9rIUPIviuxaUtwQcmESUxH4xdEVEP1YDtmKREu6BT3hg0lh1cX4a3ma5BuEfC3AiPh9LRfKfdbaxyyugQ0kCaheRf6T2WT0km4aiupc3zdlDoIcVwtL4Pr0680kvMuznx3u80yy7tnNtehoU4ndUNa5LrB68xkNJ1lM_OoxUgFa5W3TtTBTo3Bfst8s3P4dW8qe9xfjlKvlyYZtV6AYPsNm84r0YXl8zKapYloLPmkKE_t2TQ=w707-h346-no

When the weather is bad, then we'd put the Kela right against the van in the usual way.