Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Superb ladder for access up top

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Yes I agree these are very good use one myself especially with me being short and fat :thumb

Does it fold/collapse or is it permanently full length?

Does it fold/collapse or is it permanently full length?

Yes folds or should I say, comes apart. We have 3x2” pieces of elastic that keeps it together. We keep it on the back shelf against the back of the rear seat.

It is brilliant.

Yes folds or should I say, comes apart. We have 3x2” pieces of elastic that keeps it together. We keep it on the back shelf against the back of the rear seat.

It is brilliant.
I rang the Reimo agents (Concept Camper Hire) about this ladder. They told me that the ones they have don't split in two.
Can you throw any light on this please as I'd like to get one if practicable?

Or this. Clips round the Headrest.

IMG_0251.jpg

I rang the Reimo agents (Concept Camper Hire) about this ladder. They told me that the ones they have don't split in two.
Can you throw any light on this please as I'd like to get one if practicable?

Sorry AlanM I missed your p.m. the one I have does split into two but mine is about six years old I think somewhere down the line someone had a brainwave and decided not to make them like this anymore absolutely mind-boggling but there you go the folding Maxxcamp looks rather good. :thumb

Good recommendations, but for the newbs mentioned in the original post, maybe see how it goes without a ladder first?

We almost never rotate the driver's seat when parked - just the passenger's - so hopping upstairs is pretty easy using the 'shoulder' of the driver's seat as a foothold (NEVER stand on the arm rest!).

And a stowed ladder takes up wine space. (Okay, might be safer with one then).

I can thoroughly recommend the maxxcamp ladder - yes expensive but good bit of kit that fits perfectly. The reason I went for it was that I notices the fabric material at the top of the seat round the headrest attachment getting deformed / pushed away from the headrest hole. Also the arm rests are too tempting for kids.

my little one always goes up and down continually when parked up and the ladder makes it easier and more fun. Also easier when getting stuff in and out for me also. Leaves the front seats clear for other 'rubbish' of which I seem to have plenty of when parked up!

I looked on the expense as an investment - I intend to keep the Cali for a while - why buy a ladder a bit cheaper but not ultimately as good.

B

I have always used a telescopic ladder since my first Cali, can be used inside and adjusted to length. When not in use fits in boot.

I have always used a telescopic ladder since my first Cali, can be used inside and adjusted to length. When not in use fits in boot.

I agree. Looked at the price of the camper van ones and then the practicality. I paid less for a telescopic one and I can use this for other things.. Fits in a bag flat on the back shelf. When I am on the road I can still get up to the roof outside to clean, inspect the panels etc..

I agree. Looked at the price of the camper van ones and then the practicality. I paid less for a telescopic one and I can use this for other things.. Fits in a bag flat on the back shelf. When I am on the road I can still get up to the roof outside to clean, inspect the panels etc..
Me too, it cost just £14.99 from Maplins but don't think they are available any more.

For those beginners who ask the best way to access the upstairs sleeping area and those others who risk snapping off their arm rests here’s a brilliant ladder that fits perfectly, as if it was made to measure ( perhaps it was).
Fits between the seats and rests above the control panel.

https://www.reimo.com/en/42026-internal_ladder__for_access_to_internal_compartments__beds__1510_mm/
I just got in touch will the shop and they have confirmed that this is "a solid 1 piece" ladder, despite saying 2 parts on the Web site. Do you have 1? Is yours 1 or 2 parts?

I just got in touch will the shop and they have confirmed that this is "a solid 1 piece" ladder, despite saying 2 parts on the Web site. Do you have 1? Is yours 1 or 2 parts?

Mine is 2 parts. I’d search the Internet. I’m sure you could find one.

I can thoroughly recommend the maxxcamp ladder - yes expensive but good bit of kit that fits perfectly. The reason I went for it was that I notices the fabric material at the top of the seat round the headrest attachment getting deformed / pushed away from the headrest hole. Also the arm rests are too tempting for kids.

my little one always goes up and down continually when parked up and the ladder makes it easier and more fun. Also easier when getting stuff in and out for me also. Leaves the front seats clear for other 'rubbish' of which I seem to have plenty of when parked up!

I looked on the expense as an investment - I intend to keep the Cali for a while - why buy a ladder a bit cheaper but not ultimately as good.

B
Hi, we’ve just purchased a MaxxCamp ladder and we’re wondering if anyone has fitted it, as instruction suggests, to the back of the tea seat. The belt attachment requires to be held in position by screws... ie drilling required and as instructions are in German. There is also a length of ‘velcro’ with sticky back which from pictorial outline appears to be for sticking on where top of ladder clips over entry to ‘pop top’ ?
Any advise welcome.
Thanks

We have the ladder from the club shop and the bag attaches to the headrest and stores nicely up against the back of the bench seat.

Back