Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Suspension bushes worn out ?

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello everyone! Iv got a 2019 Ocean.
Has anyone upgraded from the standard bushes ? To poly bushes or similar ?? Seems mine are going after 35000 miles as Iv got uneven tyre wear and my local tyre place can’t carry out a laser ailment ??? Would it be beneficial to do the rear aswell ??
Any advice or recommendations welcomed, Iv heard good things about the harder bushes.

Thanks in advance

IMG_5122.jpeg

Hi! Just sharing my recent experience since you’re considering upgrading the bushes on your 2019 Ocean. Three days ago, my brother and I replaced the rear bushes of the front arms on my 2016 Ocean, which has clocked 150,000km with all original suspension parts. We checked, and the front bushes of the front arms were still in good condition, likely due to different load geometry.

The bushes cost 28 euros, and luckily, I had access to a press at a local garage. It’s essential to use a 60mm adapter for pressing the bushes out and in. We began the job around noon and wrapped up by 8 PM. The effort was worth it—no more clunking and the steering is now incredibly precise, especially after getting an alignment done.

I also managed to snag a deal on Koni Special Active shocks for 500 euros for all four from Oscaro. This upgrade has made a noticeable improvement.

However, do be careful with the rear bushes; they’re not as accessible. When working on them, take extra caution around the metal brake lines as they can easily be damaged. The rear bushes of my van need attention too.

View attachment IMG_2615.jpeg

Back