Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Suspension

P

Ponajohn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Does anyone know if the T32 suspension will give a raised height to the California, would like air but its too pricey for me.

Does anyone know if the T32 suspension will give a raised height to the California, would like air but its too pricey for me.
Not according to the technical drawings, but I suppose with stiffer springs it might avoid an element of suspension drop when fully loaded, but that is fairly minimal on standard springs.
You can change the rear to T32 fairly simply, but the T32 has differences on the front compared to the T30, different hub etc.
Seikel do a raised suspension, VW approved but pricey.

I swapped our rears to T32 springs and it has lifted it quite a bit but not unnaturally. It no longer looks down in the rear. Relatively easy diy. No noticeable difference in ride.

Combine the springs change with the thicker ARB and it changes the handling characteristics massively for the better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

T32 springs fully interchangeable.
front Struts have a different fixing method, bolt on rather than Cali clamp at the bottom. To go fully T32 would need the front hub/disc part changing to get the bolt on facility. I thought about it but as you say not cost effective.

I swapped our rears to T32 springs and it has lifted it quite a bit but not unnaturally. It no longer looks down in the rear. Relatively easy diy. No noticeable difference in ride.
Measure body line to wheel centre. Should be equal front and rear, as it is on standard suspension.