Sweden & Norway

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Are there any rules/laws against wild camping in Sweden and Norway.
I intend visiting Nordcap next August/September time and wanted to know if I have to plan on campsites for every night or can I wild camp in-between ?
Any advice much appreciated.

I did the road from Paris to Nordkapp along the Baltic coast. Took the official camp once only within the 2weeks drive in Sweden, Finland and Norway.
On the Nordkapp itself there is payable entrance to the top, 2 nights is included in the price if I remember well.
Biggest problem in the north are the mosquitos. Take all sorts of nets and repellents. Food also very expensive and distance from shop to shop or restaurant might be as much as 500 km. So better have supplies with you.
Cheers
Andrzej

On my list for 2015 - most def.
Wild camping is 100% good in Norway - following somebody that is there now - looks fabulous.
That's interesting about mozzies... ****ards.

If you travel with kids, do not miss Rovaniemi.

Tempted to head this way as my brother in law and family live near Stockholm - but it's a HELL of a drive from Cornwall!

My brother in law went to Norway in his camper van a few years back and loved it (but not the prices though!)
He also lives in North Devon, can't remember the route he took but it wasn't too arduous though.

Freeley said:
My brother in law went to Norway in his camper van a few years back and loved it (but not the prices though!)
He also lives in North Devon, can't remember the route he took but it wasn't too arduous though.

Hmmm - sounds interesting.
I've only "done" Sweden and Finland (without the van) and always baulk at the cost of drink and most food. £7 a pint please - Ermmmm… :eek:

I'll be travelling solo, wife going to a Spa hotel as she doesn't fancy the 5,000 mile return drive from South Wales. Planning on taking the Euroshuttle and across " The Bridge" into Sweden and then into Norway and Nordcap. Thanks for the tip about the mozzies. They don't seem to like me, in Scotland and the Amazon, no problems. Plan on taking a lot of dry goods and ready meals for 1. :thanks

Re: Sweden & Norway

My little brother drove some of this quite recently although not in a Cali. Their route took them via Ulaanbataar (sp?!) that made for an interesting trip, although it did not all go to plan (anyone interested can read about it https://3unwisemen.wordpress.com/about) I do however now have a burning need to visit Finland at the time of the Kaljakellunta. Look it up... Best thing ever..

Re: Sweden & Norway

We found some stunning wild camping spots in Sweden, but often just couldn't find sensible places to pull up - pulling off really main roads and driving miles down single track roads to find that they were driveways for example! Often resorted to 'short stays' at camping grounds - to encourage not wild camping many campgrounds let you stay between 8pm and 9am and use all facilities for not much money. Recommend the search for the sculpture "Nimis" not far from the bridge into Sweden