Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sweeping awning

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I want to be able to clean leaves etc off from the awning before winding-in, but struggle reaching over and waving rags and so on.
Any solutions?
Does anyone have a telescopic brush on board to do this job?
Do you know where I might get one?
(Apologies if this has been covered before - my search skills don't appear to be very good!)

I want to be able to clean leaves etc off from the awning before winding-in, but struggle reaching over and waving rags and so on.
Any solutions?
Does anyone have a telescopic brush on board to do this job?
Do you know where I might get one?
(Apologies if this has been covered before - my search skills don't appear to be very good!)
I use this. Good for cleaning insects off the windscreen if you travel distances. Also clear the awning.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00023TBCS/?tag=eliteelect-21

We use a broom with detachable handle. Pole goes in with the awning poles and brush head in box we keep all the odds and sods in. Got it in Wilko.

I just get an old bath towel and throw it onto awning then drag it off. Clears the muck and any water.

Like the doubling-up of function. Does the head detach from the pole in addition to the telescopic action of the pole itself?
No.

We use a Leki walking stick just because it happens to be on the van. It had the cork handle so I can wrap a microfibre cloth around it.

Rain usually washes all the crap off ours.:(

Last edited:
Too late I had not realized about clearing any leaves or debris of ours and now we have a leaves fossilized on ours. Will not come off with anything

Too late I had not realized about clearing any leaves or debris of ours and now we have a leaves fossilized on ours. Will not come off with anything
Try ECOVER General cleaning spray.

Back