Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switch t6 Coast for t6.1 Ocean edition spec… what spec do I need to hunt for!

C

Campercan

Vehicle
N/A
Hi all looking to Switch our beloved but now tired t6 Coast for MY22-24 t6.1 Ocean edition spec… what spec do I need to hunt for and what are the main pitfalls to look out for with 6.1s? Thanks

Hi all looking to Switch our beloved but now tired t6 Coast for MY22-24 t6.1 Ocean edition spec… what spec do I need to hunt for and what are the main pitfalls to look out for with 6.1s? Thanks
Does anyone have experience with the plastic wood effect floor? Is it easy to damage?

My drivers for the change are 1) age and mileage on current van, 2) not wanting a t7 for the forseeable! 3) spec missing on my current van such as LED headlights, electric roof, digital dash, CarPlay

You could just save your cash, keep existing van and…

- upgrade headlights
- upgrade head unit for kenwood / alpine with wireless car play.
- stick with manual roof (less to go wrong)

(But you wouldn’t get a digital dash)

Does anyone have experience with the plastic wood effect floor? Is it easy to damage?
Yep I do. In two years of fairly non precious festival use I've not done any damage other than perhaps some very superficial scuffs. It's easy to keep clean, I don't really do much other than a vac and occasional wipe to get rid of mud. Got a small cheap IKEA rug which takes most of the hammer, don't have carpets as seemed pointless to have the nicer looking floor, then cover it all up.

- upgrade headlights

- upgrade headlights

Hi thanks for the idea but I’ve already racked up enough miles on current van and looking to keep camping/daily drive another 5 years at least.

Plus I already upgraded headlights as much as I’m legally/technically able to… but as you say the rest is rather cosmetic…
Yep I do. In two years of fairly non precious festival use I've not done any damage other than perhaps some very superficial scuffs. It's easy to keep clean, I don't really do much other than a vac and occasional wipe to get rid of mud. Got a small cheap IKEA rug which takes most of the hammer, don't have carpets as seemed pointless to have the nicer looking floor, then cover it all up.

Hi totally agree :) sounds perfect for me I will keep a look out for this option thanks

Back