Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switzerland insurance

JoeyD

JoeyD

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all.
Is anyone based in Switzerland? If so what insurance company did you use?
Sadly the California is not listed on Swiss comparison websites and we are waiting still waiting for some quotes.

Thanks

Hi I cant help, but just to say spoke to a few Swiss people while in Europe a few weeks ago, with Swiss registered Calis, so there must be a company that does supply cover.

Hi I cant help, but just to say spoke to a few Swiss people while in Europe a few weeks ago, with Swiss registered Calis, so there must be a company that does supply cover.
Hi. Thanks for your replay.
VW have recommended AXA to us and they seem to do quotes via email.

Hi. Thanks for your replay.
VW have recommended AXA to us and they seem to do quotes via email.

Hi there
I am with AXA and they do quite a good job. I guess not the cheapest ones but owning a California isn‘t cheap anyway.
We have some changing-plates (1 licence plate for two cars) and pay around CHF 1600.-.

Hi there
I am with AXA and they do quite a good job. I guess not the cheapest ones but owning a California isn‘t cheap anyway.
We have some changing-plates (1 licence plate for two cars) and pay around CHF 1600.-.
Hi Sapto
Thanks. Now we are just looking forward to getting it and enjoying Switzerland.

I'm at ZURICH Insurance, paying around 1.100 CHF/y for a T6 California TDI Ocean Grey 2019.
Including Liability(Haftpflicht), Collision(Vollkasko), Damage(Teilkasko)
You can get an offer here: https://www.zurich.ch/en/premium-calculator/motor-vehicle

Make sure to register the Cali like this:
Plate: normal
Vehicle Type: Light Motorcar
Objecttype: Specialcar
Specialcar: Camper (Wohnmobil)
Seats: 4
Max Weight: 3000 kg

I'm at ZURICH Insurance, paying around 1.100 CHF/y for a T6 California TDI Ocean Grey 2019.
Including Liability(Haftpflicht), Collision(Vollkasko), Damage(Teilkasko)
You can get an offer here: https://www.zurich.ch/en/premium-calculator/motor-vehicle

Make sure to register the Cali like this:
Plate: normal
Vehicle Type: Light Motorcar
Objecttype: Specialcar
Specialcar: Camper (Wohnmobil)
Seats: 4
Max Weight: 3000 kg

That's £892.00 here which is a lot, It seems to be a high cost to live in Swiss plus I've been told you can't modify vehicles either. We have a cali, a Caddy, a Mini and scooter and combined (all separate companies) pay just over £800. but I am old.

I am with Helvetia.
Haftpflicht, Vollkasko, Teilkasko and Parkschaden (for when other people dent or scratch it). It's hard to tell how much all-in as we got it part through the year, I didn't do any calc's, and it's on shared number plates with a Discovery 3.
The amount of no-claims will make a huge difference to what you pay in the end. I think I am at paying only 35% of the full rate... and it still hurts.

Got my Cali ocean (2017, 204Bi, 4m) last week.
Mobiliar. Volkasko. 1 370CHF. Non Swiss citizen.

There are many factors to consider.
One example.
My belongings in the car are insured by private insurance and not car insurance.
I take it as a minus.
On the other hand, my deductible part is 300CHF and I got Travel assistance insurance. (Hotel, transportantion,...)

Hard to say if the cheapest is the best option. In the end it's just an insurance for worst case scenario.
I learned this lesson last year when friends new Cali got stolen in Berlin :(

Zuerich insurance claimed extra 10 000 deductible for the 2 keys my friend didn't 'return' to insurance company. Case is still open as he opposed this decision...

Anyway, that is another story... :)