Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swivel seat required

P

Prycey13

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

New to the forum. Just purchased an 2018 ocean. One of the front seats is swivel and one is a comfort which would be fine if we weren’t going to be a family of 4 soon. Been on to VW dealer and they didn’t seem to know much about the California. Am hoping one of you has a personal recommendation for a VW dealer that knows the California inside out? Would ideally like to buy an oem swivel for the drivers seat. Don’t know if this is possible? If not will probably look to sell and find one that is suitable? (I understand that you can retrofit a swivel base but this increases the seat height which I don’t want to do) Advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Alastair.

Hi all,

New to the forum. Just purchased an 2018 ocean. One of the front seats is swivel and one is a comfort which would be fine if we weren’t going to be a family of 4 soon. Been on to VW dealer and they didn’t seem to know much about the California. Am hoping one of you has a personal recommendation for a VW dealer that knows the California inside out? Would ideally like to buy an oem swivel for the drivers seat. Don’t know if this is possible? If not will probably look to sell and find one that is suitable? (I understand that you can retrofit a swivel base but this increases the seat height which I don’t want to do) Advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Alastair.
I’m sure it can be done but there are a lot of parts required, see here

I would suggest contacting
6168F91C-37C3-4497-A301-C68BE6F689FD.jpeg

VW Guru is a Forum Member and a Master Technician on the California. If they cannot help then I really don’t know who can. Worth a call.

I’m sure it can be done but there are a lot of parts required, see here

I would suggest contacting
View attachment 47657

VW Guru is a Forum Member and a Master Technician on the California. If they cannot help then I really don’t know who can. Worth a call.
Thanks for your help will give him a call. Really hoping I can sort without having to change vans. Wife is fuming I didn’t check (I checked the passenger seat but didn’t think you could have two different seats!?!?).

It's the first time I've heard of different seats in the same van. I suspect there is a back story to how it happened.

There’s a long thread on this topic: search “swivelgate”. Your difficulty will be getting the same fabric and I believe there’s some issue with moving the handbrake that requires a kit. A swivel plate may be your only answer and some are better than others: have a look on T5/6 forums.