Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Cali kitchen tap replacement

Hubble

Hubble

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi
My Kitchen tap stopped working a while ago (I've done the old take it apart and clean the micro switch etc which fixed it briefly but now it doesn't work at all). So I bought a replacement which looks exactly the same but when it arrived it's a hot/colder mixer tap. The ebay advert says it can be installed as cold water only but I'm not sure how to do this. Does anyone have experience of this? Do I need to blank off the hot water connection to stop it leaking out of there? Also there are only two wires so I'm wondering if it works a bit differently from an electrical point of view.

Hi
My Kitchen tap stopped working a while ago (I've done the old take it apart and clean the micro switch etc which fixed it briefly but now it doesn't work at all). So I bought a replacement which looks exactly the same but when it arrived it's a hot/colder mixer tap. The ebay advert says it can be installed as cold water only but I'm not sure how to do this. Does anyone have experience of this? Do I need to blank off the hot water connection to stop it leaking out of there? Also there are only two wires so I'm wondering if it works a bit differently from an electrical point of view.

Is the problem definitely the tap? Your pump could be on the way out. You can easily check it by disconnecting the plug near the tap and shorting the two connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your'e right, I should check that. Thanks.

Checked the pump and it’s working. I’m going to connect up the mixer tap and see what happens but if anyone has any advice i’d Sure appreciate it.

Checked the pump and it’s working. I’m going to connect up the mixer tap and see what happens but if anyone has any advice i’d Sure appreciate it.

That’s a good start. Can’t really advise regarding the tap. If it wasn’t too much hassle I’d return it and buy a like for like replacement. Unless you’re pushed for time that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried fckn about with that micro switch whilst following your excellent
post about cleaning it mr cheese. :thumb

The small U piece came off, that was it. New tap ordered and fitted, it was
easier.
You have to be a watchmaker to play about with them switches.

Certainly not a job for those with sausage fingers like myself. But if you’re on a budget…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldn’t find the correct replacement then I saw this one, read ‘t4 California ‘ and went for it without reading all the details.@westfalia, could you tell me where you got your replacement?

I couldn’t find the correct replacement then I saw this one, read ‘t4 California ‘ and went for it without reading all the details.@westfalia, could you tell me where you got your replacement?

Got mine on the ´dark web´in germany where everything´s cheaper :)

OK bought and received. Just need to fit. Thanks.

I bought the shower tap with the extendable hose when mine went on the blink. On the exclusive I could run it outside on a hot day too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

OK. Getting the tap out - not too much bother, but I can't see how to disconnect the the wires from the old tap from the white plastic connector block. Is it possible to re-use this or do I need to cut it off and botch a new connection somehow?

OK. Getting the tap out - not too much bother, but I can't see how to disconnect the the wires from the old tap from the white plastic connector block. Is it possible to re-use this or do I need to cut it off and botch a new connection somehow?

I’d cut the wire on the tap side of the plug, leaving about 5cm of the original cable to join to your new tap. A bitch perhaps but a tidy one that still maintains the functionality of the original plug.

I’d cut the wire on the tap side of the plug, leaving about 5cm of the original cable to join to your new tap. A bitch perhaps but a tidy one that still maintains the functionality of the original plug.

Duh. Not bitch, botch. Blooming autocorrect.

Hi
As mentioned in my other post, did exactly that. Job done.
Thanks