Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement tap

O

oracle

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Hi,

I'm trying to fit a replacement kitchen tap but the one supplied only has bare cables, no black connector as per the original.

Is it possible/ necessary to reuse the old connector? Can the pins be released from the original connector to solder the new wires on or do I have to have an inline solder joint?

Thanks

I think you will need to rejoin I believe the vw connector is crimped on at the factory. I would twist and solder the joints and then use shrink sleeve

Thanks, that's surprising. If that's the case I'd have expected a genuine replacement tap to come with the connector already fitted.

I'd be inclined to use a Tamiya battery connector to allow the tap to be isolated for tank draining or take the opportunity to fit a switch into the circuit to make it even easier. Pulling the fuse under the drivers seat is a pain!

I'd be inclined to use a Tamiya battery connector to allow the tap to be isolated for tank draining or take the opportunity to fit a switch into the circuit to make it even easier. Pulling the fuse under the drivers seat is a pain!
Good idea. I just pull apart the tap connector under the sink.

Thanks for all the tips here. Just changed my tap and it was an easy job because of this forum. :thumb

Back