Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all

Finally I got the kitchen drawer out, I just wasn't being brutal enough!

I've found why it's leaking. The plastic shrouds that the tap Tails push into have snapped off. No idea how. I always drain the system down over winter and leave the valves and taps open.

I now need a replacement tap. I know it's a Reich tap but does anyone know the model name? I'm struggling to Google match it.

Photos attached

20230522_125126.jpg

20230522_125102.jpg

Frost damage.
Possibly but I always drain the vehicle properly over the winter. It's kept inside with the taps open. The heater run up at least once a month. Not sure what else I can practically do to prevent frost damage.

Thanks everyone. It seems to be a hybrid of the Samba body and the Twist spout. Looks like it's unique to the Grand. I ordered one from VW in the end as it was proving very difficult to find the correct match elsewhere.

Hello, I have concerns with this tap in my GC, I have no idea how I could remove it.
I looked under an around and no idea!
Would you tell me how you do it?

You need to remove the entire sink unit to drill the hole for the new tap. This involves disconnecting the gas which will need testing for safety once refitted. I’ve not tried removing the sink so can’t offer any guidance other than if you prefer to do the work yourself rather than ask a dealer I suggest you visit the official VW workshop manual site and download the instructions. See https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

It has a paywall which is about EUR8 per hour. Input your VIN and you will get specific instructions for your vehicle. You can download and print freely during your paid time.

Hello, are you sure? If we remove first drawer, is not working ?
Thanks

Thanks everyone. It seems to be a hybrid of the Samba body and the Twist spout. Looks like it's unique to the Grand. I ordered one from VW in the end as it was proving very difficult to find the correct match elsewhere.
@Soton Campers - I’m curious how much was the new tap from VW ?

Back