Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California and additional seat bench

C

Cassy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi
I'm looking for some advice before finding and purchasing a T4 California. Having previously owned a T25, I'm now looking to buy a T4 Cali (budget restricted), because of the sliding back seats and also because there is a Westfalia additional seat bench available and we need up to 6 seats to carry children and parents on occasions. I gather these additional seats are difficult to find but pop-up from time to time.

I was wondering if anyone knew which vans/years the additional bench fits? Having looked online, I get the impression that from 1993, these additional seats are able to be fitted. However, I’m not sure if it's only 1997 onwards that will accommodate the additional bench. Can anyone confirm if they will fit any T4 Cali or which ones they will fit? Once I know I can focus my search on just those vans that can accommodate the bench, or maybe even have the bench included!!

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone could advise me where to look in the UK for these additional seats, that would be much appreciated too.
Thanks

Hey there. The Westfalia extra bench seat is compatible with any of the SWB pop-top T4 Westfalia vehicles from 1993-2003. It may also fit any of the SWB T4 high top Westfalia with the side kitchen layout found in the pop-tops. Basically the extra bench seat slots into the forward part of the rail system that the bed seat is mounted in.

They are a bit like the proverbial rocking horses droppings in the UK and you’re not always guaranteed to find one with the upholstery to match the camper you buy. There was mention on an old post of somewhere in Belgium I think that stocked a wide range of the seats in all fabrics. eBay is always worth a look, sometimes they pop up in the UK, but as they’re a pretty heavy item getting one from the continent may prove cost prohibitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mrcheesbrough
That’s really helpful and useful to know. There was one on eBay about 3 weeks ago but it ended on 18th June, before I’d started looking, unfortunately. I’ll keep looking. Like you say, the continent is probably too expensive an option.
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Hi Mrcheesbrough
That’s really helpful and useful to know. There was one on eBay about 3 weeks ago but it ended on 18th June, before I’d started looking, unfortunately. I’ll keep looking. Like you say, the continent is probably too expensive an option.
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.
It would be a money spinner for a seat manufacturer to produce a lighter near copy of the T4 double seat that would fit the T5/6 Cali SE/Ocean. Many thousands of these vehicles knocking about that would provide a decent market, I would pay £1000 for one tomorrow.

Anybody know if an additional T4 double seat can be installed rear-facing?
I believe it could fit on the tracks, but not in the vehicle. I don't think the fittings are fitted equidistant from the seat edge on both sides, so the seat will protrude more on the door side if reversed.

Back