T5/5.1 RNS 510 Map Update V17

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
If anyone has a RNS510 with out dated mapping then you can get the latest Map Update V20 from VW for about £100, or you could purchase this update for £13 or so.
Arrived today. Installed faultlessly. Takes about 90 minutes. Switch on unit manually, insert DVD and follow the prompts. Although the unit appears to switch Off after about 20 minutes it is still working. If you want to measure progress just press the CD Eject button. It shows a progress bar and Eject/Notify when complete/Back. Just press Notify.

If you press the Setup button, before you start, and hold for 10 secs you get a hidden menu showing unit data
HW - H23
SW - 6276
Map Data - 8536. After the update Map Data - 8557

Have fun.

Hi, if anyone has updated their rns510 maps recently please can you let me know if it has the new A14 on it just west of Cambridge? It's getting annoying that it doesn't have the new road in it!

Hi, if anyone has updated their rns510 maps recently please can you let me know if it has the new A14 on it just west of Cambridge? It's getting annoying that it doesn't have the new road in it!
Mine has the new A14/M1/M6 junction.

Thanks WelshGas, we have that bit, it's the Huntingdon bypass we need.