Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 autolights and RNS510 sat nav

greenfintry

greenfintry

Cometh the van cometh the hour
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
just back from Europe trip with lots of tunnels. The one feature the van lacks (2011) is auto lights on. I have looked at threads on here discussing mods, but also wonder how the 510 on sat nav map goes dark when in a tunnel so must have a light sensor..... Can this be used to put on the lights too?

just back from Europe trip with lots of tunnels. The one feature the van lacks (2011) is auto lights on. I have looked at threads on here discussing mods, but also wonder how the 510 on sat nav map goes dark when in a tunnel so must have a light sensor..... Can this be used to put on the lights too?
SatNav will move to night mode when Lights switched On or when map data indicates a tunnel. I don't think there is a sensor because it doesn't come on in night mode at night, or does it? Will have to check.

No it's more complex than that, so cuttings etc will pop the lights on etc

In my experience the auto lights take a few seconds to come on so often you are half way through a shortish tunnel by the time they work. If there are a lot of tunnels best bet is to just leave them on.

No it's more complex than that, so cuttings etc will pop the lights on etc
The "Autolights"?

I agree with " briwy" auto lights seem to have a delay built in. The hire car in California certainly did, about 5 secs.

Back