Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 bike rack clamp part missing?

James Parkin

James Parkin

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

I assume the left pole for the bike rack has a clamp missing. If this is the case, where can I get a new one? Am I best going to VW direct? Any advice is muchly appreciated.

Cheers.
James

DC22BAE0-1F77-4567-913A-04F682FA03CE.jpeg

The left pole fixes to the rack.
as do the other two which are hopefully still attached to your rack. The one on the right is for the 4th rail, and the clamp goes from bike to bike rather than bike to rack.

as do the other two which are hopefully still attached to your rack. The one on the right is for the 4th rail, and the clamp goes from bike to bike rather than bike to rack.

Fantastic .. yes there are two already fixed to the rack. I’ll give this a test tomorrow morning. :)

it does look like you are missing the block that holds the left arm to the rack. The instruction book shows a breakdown of the part numbers (should find on the web). Being able to look at the other two (still fixed) will help you work out the bits you need. A VW Commercial dealer will supply, as will a TPS depot.

it does look like you are missing the block that holds the left arm to the rack. The instruction book shows a breakdown of the part numbers (should find on the web). Being able to look at the other two (still fixed) will help you work out the bits you need. A VW Commercial dealer will supply, as will a TPS depot.
Hmm yes, I thought as much after having a brief look at the manual .. I’m taking the van for a service this coming Monday so will ask them then about a replacement part. Shame the previous owner didn’t mention this or reply to my messages, but hey-ho there are worse things. Thanks for your help.

9CB61750-F087-4FBF-B0FB-2122BE503DC0.jpeg

View attachment 31263 This is what it’s like in real life
Thanks.
I’ve got enough for two, the third rack clamp is missing as suspected. I’ve checked with VW and it’s about £30.00 incl. VAT for the part. It’s going for a service Monday, so I’ve asked them to double check the part before they order it as it’s not something they stock.

It’s just a first impression, but it looks like it’s the short arm (very short) you are missing....and perhaps the ‘one on the left’ in your first photo is th3 same length as one of these (and therefore from a different rack). The 3 arms that attach to the rack are very different lengths. Just double check before pressing the ‘order’ button for the bits.

Well well well
The missing part is found - however the bolt has perished due to rust. Does anyone know the bolt size and if I can get it from somewhere like B&Q?

Thanks again.

Well well well
The missing part is found - however the bolt has perished due to rust. Does anyone know the bolt size and if I can get it from somewhere like B&Q?

Thanks again.

Said bolt which is missing.

18BA988A-3B53-4A15-9509-09F57090BE78.jpeg

7AAA57C3-DE59-4B20-84D9-C8348DBC4054.jpeg

The bolt is already there,
in your first picture, the left pole.
You have to push it through a bit more and squeeze the clamp together a bit.

Back