Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.0 Whatsapp call via Android Auto

M

Maelstrom

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Got a question... any ideas...?

I can use Android Auto fine with my phone connected with a USB cable, but if someone calls me via Whatsapp, it rings in the van, but I can't answer it. I know the Whatsapp integration isn't ideal, but it's weird that I can't answer it. I have buttons for ending the call and muting the call on the screen, and on the display it has the options, "Hang up", "Hold", "Private Call" and "Microphone off". Am I missing something...? Anybody got it to work? :)

20230729_220007.jpg

20230729_220207.jpg

Not had experience with WhatsApp on a VW unit but on my previous vauxhall work van it never worked right either.

It would show the caller as having MY name and not theirs and in order to accept the call I had to answer it on the phone opposed to headunit. Seems like some janky WhatsApp coding in android auto.

I can try it on the VW this weekend if no one else confirms it for you sooner.

Probably not related, but I recently bought an AAWireless dongle and I had trouble getting it to connect to the head unit. I think the VW Bluetooth was interfering with the connection so I disabled it and then it was fine. When I'm in the Cali I always use AA so don't need the VW call functions as well.

Back