• Thread starter chris ratay traveler
  • Start date
chris ratay traveler

chris ratay traveler

Overlanding South America w T6.1 Ocean 204, 4M+
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Today I noticed an alert on my phone from WeConnect - saying there was an incident inside my car. I noticed an email a bit later, but it was sent at the same time.
We're traveling in Sicily and I immediately rushed back to where I had parked the van last night - all was OK.

I also checked my SmartTag, and that showed the vehicle hadn't changed location - so I was guessing worst case was someone broke in.

I checked the app along the way and saw everything was locked. There were some strong wind gusts all morning, so wondering if this could have triggered something "inside"?

- What exactly is Incident in Vehicle? (the front windows did not have the covers on at the time)
- Is Movement at Vehicle just someone walking nearby? At the time is was parked at the ferry port in Sicily.
- The Trailer Hitch incident on the 17th was me trying to move the trailer while the van was still locked. That alarm feature was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 5.54.43 PM.pngAlert Email.pngScreenshot 2023-01-31 at 6.11.36 PM.png

Last edited:
In vehicle means the internal space alarm has been triggered, in my case this happens when I lock the dog in the van while going to pay for fuel and I forget to double press to disable it. They can be very sensitive - a spider or a fly walking across the sensor might trigger the alarm. Movement at vehicle is the tilt sensor, could be set off by buffeting winds.

In vehicle means the internal space alarm has been triggered, in my case this happens when I lock the dog in the van while going to pay for fuel and I forget to double press to disable it. They can be very sensitive - a spider or a fly walking across the sensor might trigger the alarm. Movement at vehicle is the tilt sensor, could be set off by buffeting winds.
Thanks. Yeah, dog in the van happens a lot. I tried turning off the feature in the nav, but it resets when you turn off the vehicle. Just learned and the double tap on the fob for dog and ferry crossings.:thumb

Wind makes sense for At vehicle, just a bit surprised about In vehicle when she was pretty well sealed up.

I'm still learning about the vehicle. Any other Tips around alarms, animals, or trailers?

other Tips around alarms, animals, or trailers?
  • To lock when sleeping use the drivers side door button. You don't want safelock ( if fitted) activated when sleeping inside.
  • If you press the fob button and the vehicle is not closed or thinks it is not closed it will store the lock request. Once the last door is closed the lock request will be executed. If keys are in the vehicle and you are out you will be locked out.

Back