Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 coast interior lighting problems Hi All

S

Sean Fallon

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all
I'm having trouble with my interior LED lights in the living area, they won't turn off, they only turn off when I put it in camping mode
Have anyone else have this problem
Or anybody else have any ideas on solving the problem

Do they turn off when you switch off the cabin lights control for the lights that come on and off when you open the doors? Thats the switch in between the passenger and driver in the roof. If they do then I'd look at the door closing sensor - give all doors a good slam and see if its that.

Do they turn off when you switch off the cabin lights control for the lights that come on and off when you open the doors? Thats the switch in between the passenger and driver in the roof. If they do then I'd look at the door closing sensor - give all doors a good slam and see if its that.

Hi Mick
You just solved my problem , I must have pressed the switch in the front without knowing it
Thank you so much

No problemo - had the same experience...

I have i think the same issue. You unlock using the key fob and the living area lights come on and stay on. you can turn off using the control panel but then they come back on again whenever you open a door so you have to keep turning them off. This would not be an issue except our pop up roof would not come down today and the AA man felt it could be that the lights stayed on all the time we were with the van and was enough drain on the battery to fool the control unit. It did come down eventually but ruined a nice day out.

I have pressed the button with “rear” on it but does not make any difference.

I have i think the same issue. You unlock using the key fob and the living area lights come on and stay on. you can turn off using the control panel but then they come back on again whenever you open a door so you have to keep turning them off. This would not be an issue except our pop up roof would not come down today and the AA man felt it could be that the lights stayed on all the time we were with the van and was enough drain on the battery to fool the control unit. It did come down eventually but ruined a nice day out.

I have pressed the button with “rear” on it but does not make any difference.
Did you press the rear button in the cab
I had the same problem but that was the cause
The lights come on automatically when you open the van , when you lock it they should go out after a few seconds, if they stay on after locking the van press the Back button again
It's should be OK,
You must have an Ocean model as you had problems with the roof the roof , the coast is a manual roof

To reinforce my faith in this forum, your answer from 2 years ago has stopped me scratching my head! A switch - such a basic control to forget about ! :headbang

I have had the same issue and it has been really bugging me! I will try this later and hopefully it will cure the issue.

Hi my t6.1 ocean kitchen / rear lights now don’t come on when I unlock ?? Have I pressed a button somewhere to disable this ?

Look at the “reading lights” panel in the roof between the sun visors. There’s a button there that turns on/off the interior rear lights. That would be my guess.

Back