Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Digital Cockpit | Only with VW Sat nav

Trav88

Trav88

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, I have a T6 Beach which is coming up to 4 years old, so time to say goodbye and update to the T6.1 - This evening I was in VW getting a quote, and because everything is so new in the system the salesman couldn't work out how to add the new digital cockpit (screen behind the steering wheel). He eventually figured it out by adding the €1600 Sat Nav extra (I live in Barcelona BTW) and confirmed with one of his colleagues that this new digital display will not work with App connect.

Does anyone have any information about this? Is this correct? Seems a real shame, as I really wanted to get the Digital Cockpit, but find it hard to justify for 1600,, also slightly concerned about resale, if potential buyers 4 years down the road are really looking just for the digital cockpit ?! Any advice would be great, thanks

Hi all, I have a T6 Beach which is coming up to 4 years old, so time to say goodbye and update to the T6.1 - This evening I was in VW getting a quote, and because everything is so new in the system the salesman couldn't work out how to add the new digital cockpit (screen behind the steering wheel). He eventually figured it out by adding the €1600 Sat Nav extra (I live in Barcelona BTW) and confirmed with one of his colleagues that this new digital display will not work with App connect.

Does anyone have any information about this? Is this correct? Seems a real shame, as I really wanted to get the Digital Cockpit, but find it hard to justify for 1600,, also slightly concerned about resale, if potential buyers 4 years down the road are really looking just for the digital cockpit ?! Any advice would be great, thanks
I have gone through the configurator and been assured that everything comes as standard, including sat nav, digital cockpit, rear camera,awning, LEDs, 8'' screen, the only upgrade is for 'discover media PRO' which is additional £660. this means that only options we would pay for on this new one are the metallic and tyre pressure indicator option at £160. Even 3x 17'' wheel options are included in price.

I have gone through the configurator and been assured that everything comes as standard, including sat nav, digital cockpit, rear camera,awning, LEDs, 8'' screen, the only upgrade is for 'discover media PRO' which is additional £660. this means that only options we would pay for on this new one are the metallic and tyre pressure indicator option at £160. Even 3x 17'' wheel options are included in price.
Do you know what the 'Discovery Media PRO' gives you, a larger screen ?

slightly off topic but does anyone know what's happened to the online configurator and why its vanished?

Do you know what the 'Discovery Media PRO' gives you, a larger screen ?
Yes i think 9" rather than 8" ... but there are additional features too that i was not interested in. Just want the sat nav.

Something I forgot to mention was that I used to have a full California with kitchen, when our third child was born we sold and bought a Beach,, now we're finding that all 5 don't fit that well,, so we are downgrading again! and this time to a Caravelle and a Caravan!

It is the Caravelle premium option, at the start of the conversation the salesman said the digital cockpit was included, but then he went back on his words, so a bit lost really!

slightly off topic but does anyone know what's happened to the online configurator and why its vanished?
although i did go on it earlier in the day, after reading your comment pm i tried again and couldnot access so went on to VW chat on their site and was told that they had removed it until the T6.1 was available for order?

although i did go on it earlier in the day, after reading your comment pm i tried again and couldnot access so went on to VW chat on their site and was told that they had removed it until the T6.1 was available for order?

yes, I went on it yesterday but it was glitchy so I thought I’d go back on it when it corrects.
It is disappointing as it’s likely a tactical move ahead of any price hikes they’ll impose on the 1st of November (VWs perennial increase) however my broker as mentioned it may be excluded because a price has recently been released for the 6.1 but could potentially expect a rise of approximately 3%.
Ideally I’d like to firm an order before then but I’m at a loss on the various optional extras without the online configurator

Last week I listed everything to the broker I wanted and itemised the price of each option etc. If this goes up in a couple of weeks when they have just issued the pricing then I’m out. It’s already outrageous.

Last week I listed everything to the broker I wanted and itemised the price of each option etc. If this goes up in a couple of weeks when they have just issued the pricing then I’m out. It’s already outrageous.

I stress it may go up based on what my broker has advised, she also has some outstanding T6 deals, not that I’m tempted by them.
I would be grateful if you had the options list / prices to hand as I’m keen to lock in a price prior to any potential hikes. Or if you know of the source where I can get this info from that would be super awesome.

cheers!

Hi. This was the spec:

California Ocean SWB 199 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG 4MOTION - £70,386
17" x 7J "Woodstock" black, diamond-turned surface alloy wheels - No cost
Bay Leaf Green Metallic - £750
Discover Media Pro - £666
High Beam Control - £156
Active lane assist - £468
Tyre pressure monitoring system - £156
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat - £312

TOTAL £72,894

Maybe other have done similar so we can have a full list of prices/options..

Hi. This was the spec:

California Ocean SWB 199 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG 4MOTION - £70,386
17" x 7J "Woodstock" black, diamond-turned surface alloy wheels - No cost
Bay Leaf Green Metallic - £750
Discover Media Pro - £666
High Beam Control - £156
Active lane assist - £468
Tyre pressure monitoring system - £156
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat - £312

TOTAL £72,894

Maybe other have done similar so we can have a full list of prices/options..

Thanks, my spec list is as follows

Discover Pro navigation
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Iridium Grey
Pewter Wave Grey Decorative Trim
Graphite Grey slate-effect trim
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
High Beam Control
‘Woodstock’ alloy wheel

I'm surprised the TPMS and High beam are optional extras. There's no leather seats option either but that maybe for a valid reason

I was quoted 65 500 ish by autoebid , as OTR price before discount of just under 5K. the options I had specified were

150 DSG
Met paint
Tyre pressure monitor
4 x keys

so final price was 60500.
we have decided to wait and order in the new year. i do think this is quite reasonable price as it includes far more options as standard that the T6. this price includes top of the table VED of 2135 which is yet to be confirmed i think. we had the T6 on order but decided cancelled the order after examining the T61 revised standard spec.

In terms of options, I’m getting conflicting information regarding privacy glass and the heated insulated screen. Are these optional exTras on the ocean?

within the configurator, there was a long list of all standard items, which included, certainly the privacy glass and, i think, the heated rear screen. I believe the front screen heated was extra

All standard spec inc:
Awning in black
Privacy glass
Led lights
F&R sensors with camera
Acc
Cross wind assist
A different range of 17” alloys
Discover media
Digital dash
Only dsg available no manual
And the alcantara is still available
It’s in a darker colour now too

Last edited:
All standard spec inc:
Awning in black
Privacy glass
Led lights
F&R sensors with camera
Acc
Cross wind assist
A different range of 17” alloys
Discover media
Digital dash
Only dsg available no manual
And the alcantara is still available
It’s in a darker colour now too
So the price increase is not that significant with all those former Options as Standard.
VW only tend to do that within a year or so of a model change. Interesting.

So the price increase is not that significant with all those former Options as Standard.
VW only tend to do that within a year or so of a model change. Interesting.
It’s not is it.
I have the full spec sheet that’s shows everything from the ocean but don’t know how to put a link from an email onto here

Daft question? There are various references to the configurator for the new Cali T6.1 on this thread. Is that on-line or only available at the dealer? If on-line please can have the address?
Thanks.

It was online last week but not now unfortunately
Well when I last looked it wasn’t

Daft question? There are various references to the configurator for the new Cali T6.1 on this thread. Is that on-line or only available at the dealer? If on-line please can have the address?
Thanks.
There should be a link on this website when it is available.

Try this link but UK spec may be different to yours.

Anyone know how or if it possible to spec an extended warrant?

Anyone know how or if it possible to spec an extended warrant?
If it's available on the T6.1 then it's directly via the Dealership within 3 months of registration.

Back