Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Electrical connector part numbers behind control panel

wheeledwidewebb

wheeledwidewebb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Whilst browsing the manual this morning I noticed that the section on manually lowering the pop-top shows some electircal connections behind the control panel (or maybe the light).

I was thinking that with the right male and female connectors, one might be able to unplug one of them (hoping that it has 12v switched and permanent) and make up a short parasitic cable to feed a dash cam from.

The key though is finding out what the part numbers of the elctrical connectors are. Does anyone know of some resource where I might be able to find out this information please?

Doubt there’s VW part numbers available for individual connectors as the wiring is supplied to VW as ready made looms. However the connectors are probably of a standard type.

Personally I wouldn’t mess with the wiring. I believe it’s really straightforward to run a front dashcam cable to the fuseboard located under the headlight switch. I had my dashcam fitted by Satnav Systems who are experts and they ran a cable there. Another consideration is that if you need a Power Magic Pro type device with your dashcam to prevent battery drain in Parking Mode then you need to locate it somewhere. There’s space in the fusebox but nowhere up by the camping control panel.

Wiring to a rear dashcam is a bit more challenging! Again, Satnav Systems fitted mine and it took a full day.

Thanks peeps.

Yeah, the traditional A pillar route to the fuse box is my probable route to be honest but it seems a shame not to be able to hack in to the control box area.

I realise there wo t be VW part numbers, it's the numbers of the industry standard auto electric connectors that I want to get.

I'll have another search and if I do anything worth reporting on then I'll post back here.

Cheers.