Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Love it or List it

• Thread starter Virgil van Bike
  • Start date
Everything you say makes sense, it's just..... I'm doubtful how much difference it could make in a vehicle like this, guess I'm just not too fussed about the ride improvements in a van considering the price of the upgrade - this coupled with the fact I'm likely to forget I have it most of the time and just leave it in the default setting!

I like gadgets and extras that I can see and show off... like the electric door - gimmicky I know, but more my kind of gizmo :D
I know what you mean. The DCC has a proper button on the dash I understand, rather than being buried electronically like eg the speed limiter etc, so I hope I'll find enough of a difference to use use it.
I thought about the electric door too, but couldn't really see its purpose, and when I heard it beeps as it closes I decided that the standard power latching was what I really wanted, to prevent having to slam the door at night on a campsite...

Did you order from SMG Tonbridge?
We're a bit further away so need to assess trip but given the checklist will take me about 2 hours to check it would be better to go & collect myself!
Can I ask? What checklist? Won’t be getting mine til June/July but like to be prepared and love a good list!

Having had a GC delivered recently from Crawley I can assure you there pre delivery checks are equally as bad as there communications. I would suggest none existent. I had several very obvious parts missing and I’m still trying to get them to provide one of the parts two months later. Good luck.
Crawley are supplying shed loads of Californias via DthD. With the best will in the world, l can't see them having enough time to do a througher PDI, even if they wanted to. Could try buying thru your local dealer. Probably be worse experience though!

Love the sound of your van! We’ve had a T6 beach since May 2020 and absolutely love it. We opted for no kitchen and the extra bed space as we have 2 kids, so this works perfectly for us.

We’d have ideally liked a little more spec, but this was a Pre-build. If we were to configure one though, I think the only additions we would go for would be upgraded lights and air con.

I love the sound of your solar system, which did you go for?

I know what you mean. The DCC has a proper button on the dash I understand, rather than being buried electronically like eg the speed limiter etc, so I hope I'll find enough of a difference to use use it.
I thought about the electric door too, but couldn't really see its purpose, and when I heard it beeps as it closes I decided that the standard power latching was what I really wanted, to prevent having to slam the door at night on a campsite...
We ordered the electric sliding door. I think they made it quiter on 6.1.We read about the beeps here and also in the video of california chris. We tested the sliding door in a big showroom while we were the only people there, no background noise at all. We find the beeps very silent and not disturbing at all.It is not a must have but nice to have in cali that is also your daily vehicle.