Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean, standard equipment?

SJL178

SJL178

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Evening all, just wondered if there are any additional items that i need to check alongside the collection check list?

For example, are fly screens now arriving for T6.1's?
Are cab floor mats provided as standard, even if only thin carpet coverings?
Do you still get a paper copy hand book and service book?

I am collecting mine on Friday and have already been informed i will not get a proper handover so want to ensure i cover as much as possible whilst at the dealership, even if only to ensure i have all the small removable items.

Are there any additional items you would recommend i take with me to allow for an easier check of the vehicle and initial drive of 150miles to get home?

TIA.

Evening all, just wondered if there are any additional items that i need to check alongside the collection check list?

I am collecting mine on Friday and have already been informed i will not get a proper handover so want to ensure i cover as much as possible whilst at the dealership, even if only to ensure i have all the small removable items.

Are there any additional items you would recommend i take with me to allow for an easier check of the vehicle and initial drive of 150miles to get home?

TIA.
Hi, not too sure about the fly screens hopefully they will be available. Yes you get a hard copy of the handbooks for both the van and infotainment system. A cab carpet is provided but usual oem not very thick. I am going to try and order a set to go over from this place, unfortunately the club shop doesn't have cab carpets for the T6.1.

TIA.
We got fly screens, carpet mats in the cab and a paper manual with ours. Will need to check the service record. The fly screens weren’t specced so were a nice surprise.

We got fly screens, carpet mats in the cab and a paper manual with ours. Will need to check the service record. The fly screens weren’t specced so were a nice surprise.
Hi @iampatrick, do the fly screens need to be fitted as and when required or can they stay in place and still allow the windows to slide open/shut?

Hi @iampatrick, do the fly screens need to be fitted as and when required or can they stay in place and still allow the windows to slide open/shut?
I’m not actually sure!

They clip into the open window. You definitely can’t close them completely, but I’m not sure if you can partially close the sliding window. Will check later when I am home!

Hi, not too sure about the fly screens hopefully they will be available. Yes you get a hard copy of the handbooks for both the van and infotainment system. A cab carpet is provided but usual oem not very thick. I am going to try and order a set to go over from this place, unfortunately the club shop doesn't have cab carpets for the T6.1.

I ordered a 'prestige' mats (WITHOUT the 4 clips - did I make an error there?) from there, but they accidentally sent 'standard'. Very good chap apologised, told me to keep the standard mat (free of charge), and sent through an 'executive' mat, refunding the difference.
The executive mat has a slightly deeper pile, but it is far from 'executive'. It is worth an extra £38 over standard, but isn't exactly plush. If you're just thinking about protection, I'd probably stick with standard.

I ordered a 'prestige' mats (WITHOUT the 4 clips - did I make an error there?) from there, but they accidentally sent 'standard'. Very good chap apologised, told me to keep the standard mat (free of charge), and sent through an 'executive' mat, refunding the difference.
The executive mat has a slightly deeper pile, but it is far from 'executive'. It is worth an extra £38 over standard, but isn't exactly plush. If you're just thinking about protection, I'd probably stick with standard.
On the basis that the cab area gets more dirty footwear than the lounge area, we went for rubber mats.

On the basis that the cab area gets more dirty footwear than the lounge area, we went for rubber mats.
I nearly went that way, but decided a carpet with dry mud on it is nearly as cleanable as rubber, with a decent Dyson, and its a better experience when its clean.
I now unexpectedly have 2 mats so might use the 'standard' one when taking mates mountain biking, and the 'executive' one whilst taking Mum to the Toby Carvery :thumb

Back